2GIG GC3 Z-Wave

Hello, yesterday we got our GC3 panel and started setting it up at our new house. In a few days the Cell sled module will be here so besides giving you guys the number on the panels cell module, is there another steps to take at the panel? Do I need to program in any phone numbers since were going with monitoring this time?

Anyways, my main question was having to do with smart things being the primary with GC3 being secondary Z-Wave controller. When I added the GC3 as a secondary controller to the Smartthings hub, it worked just fine. If i go into the GC3’s Z-Wave settings i can see all the devices that should be there like locks, lights, outlets, garage doors, etc. but they don’t appear in the GC3’s smart home control page. Is there something i need to do to get them to the smart home control section?

Thanks!

Do I need to program in any phone numbers since were going with monitoring this time?

No. Accounts and signal forwarding are handled by your cell module number. No phone programming is needed at the panel.

Is there something i need to do to get them to the smart home control section?

I have not used ST with a GC3 and cannot say definitively to expect this to happen. Keep in mind we have heard varying degrees of success depending on the controller type. Secondary controller interaction is not something typically tested by the manufacturer, especially not on launch firmware.

I’m curious whether these devices are seen and controllable on Alarm.com

I have the exact same issue with smartthings & the GC3. I can successfully add the GC3 as a secondary controller to ST, and most of the devices will migrate over and show up under the device list / however, I also cannot see or control them under the Smart Home Controls. From researching many other forums / there are several others with the same issue, and are hoping a resolution to come with a later firmware update.

The interesting thing for me is if I go into device list and go to configure, it has a little control for the device and I can successfully control them from that device list in the settings. Have there been any software updates at all yet? I don’t think I can check until I have the cell module installed.

There has not been a firmware update yet for the GC3. We anticipate one soon.

Hi! I just got everything working and I’m so excited about it. I wanted to share what I did in case it helps anyone else. What I did was go into view all devices, then I individually hid and then unhid each Z-Wave device and they are all working now perfectly so far and showing up in the smart home controls section how they should! I hope this helps!

That is great news! Thank you for sharing your solution with us, I’m sure it will be put to good use.

Thank you Stacy! for coming across this fix. I just got around to re-adding my GC3 as secondary to SmartThings, and was also now able to get my devices to pop up under the Smart Home Controls Section. Just as Stacy found, I had to first individually Hide, and then un-hide each Z-wave device before they would show up. However, after I did so - all is now working great!