2gig GC3 with VeraPlus

I recently purchased a 2gig GC3 Alarm Panel, a veraplus, and an array of zwave switches and dimmers. The VeraPlus and zwave devices work great, but I can’t seem to get the GC3 to connect with the Vera. I’ve tried pairing numerous times even with the vera sitting atop the alarm panel. It will connect and appear to transfer the devices to the alarm panel but when I log into vera the panel lists itself as “Purging associations” or “Please wait! Getting secure classes”. (Nothing ever seems to show up in alarm.com either).

Has anyone had any luck getting these two to pair? Let me know how you did it!

Thanks
Alex

It sounds like the GC3 is not responding properly to certain commands.

Just to be certain, you are using Controller Learn button on the GC3 in Advanced Toolbox for Z-wave right?

Have you tried resetting the GC3 Z-wave controller?

Does the gc3 allow the vera to receive info about the 2gig motions and door contacts now? I have a gc2 and that’s not the case. I’d love to have the vera control all of the zwave devices such as lights and door locks. Currently the 2gig does all of it. The locks not only unlock the doors but turn off the alarm panel. Can this be done if the locks are controlled by the vera plus with the gc3?

I haven’t ever been able to get the two to play nicely together… nothing from the vera shows up in alarm.com… i also kinda stopped trying.

Does the gc3 allow the vera to receive info about the 2gig motions and door contacts now?

No, the security alarm sensors and Zwave automation are separated internally, use different radios. Sensor information is not shared or transmitted via Z-wave.

The locks not only unlock the doors but turn off the alarm panel. Can this be done if the locks are controlled by the vera plus with the gc3?

It sounds like there is still some trouble with Vera Plus and GC3, (we have not been able to corroborate with testing) but in general with panels/controllers that are compatible, yes, if you add a different primary controller the following is true:

Learn all devices into primary (vera)
Learn Alarm Panel as secondary
Alarm Panel will receive data from Vera on compatible devices and command classes.
Alarm Panel sends data as normal to Alarm.com
Both Vera and Alarm.com can control devices which are compatible with the Alarm Panel.
Incompatible Z-wave devices will remain only on Vera.

All of my devices are currently active in the GC2 so can I assume that these devices are “compatible”? Thus, if they are, the only thing that I cannot handle is the 2Gig door sensors and motion detectors. I suppose they could be replaced with zwave devices, right? Then the VeraEdge would get the signals as well as the 2Gig panel. Am I thinking correctly?

Then the VeraEdge would get the signals as well as the 2Gig panel. Am I thinking correctly?

Z-wave sensors are not compatible with any Alarm.com alarm panel. (Z-wave as a protocol only received UL approval for security purposes recently, so it’s never been a consideration)

Compatible devices simply means some Z-wave devices (like sensors) won’t communicate with the 2GIG panel anyway, so you would only have control of them through Vera.

A good way to think of it is that automation (Z-wave) is completely separate from Security (345mhz) in the alarm panel.