2GIG GC3 secondary Touch Screen Panel

Just wondering if there is any update on the release of the SP1?

Thanks!
-David

We haven’t seen any available yet, but we do expect it to be soon. The firmware required to use the SP1 has been made available by 2GIG, so that is a good sign.

I have tried the ota update of firmware, but not showing that there is an update. Just says no updates available on the screen Do we know when 2gig will make it available for OTA?

Local GC3 updates are performed via USB drive. OTA updates would be applied by your dealer through Alarm.com if available.

Hi Jason, is there a firmware version newer than 3.0.2? If so, where can I find that?

Thanks!

There is. It is now supported through ADC. See the firmware thread here.

Where can I found the 3.1 version to download?

Thanks

On the firmware thread. Subscribe to that thread to receive updates when new versions are posted.

Thank you, Jason! Did you say somewhere that ADC doesn’t allow for dual path broadband access yet?

We did, however, it is now officially supported through ADC.

I just installed 3.1. How do I configure it to allow dual path broadband access?

As long as you are connected to Wifi your panel should be automatically recognized as dual path. (Yours is currently responding to pings across broadband so good to go)

AOK… Thank you

I noticed on the SP1 sell sheet they state that communication to the unit can be through WiFi, GC3 Access Point or Ethernet. Do you know if there will be an ethernet jack on the back or will ethernet only be used with a USB-ethernet accessory?

On that thought, would the SP2 recognize a connection if a microUSB to ethernet connection was used?

Do you know if there will be an ethernet jack on the back or will ethernet only be used with a USB-ethernet accessory?

I’m not aware of an RJ45 jack. This may be referring to future hardware accessory, but we would need to see a production unit to be sure. They are not available here quite yet.

On that thought, would the SP2 recognize a connection if a microUSB to ethernet connection was used?

Doubtful. The SP2 is Wifi only per data sheet.

This new product catalog shows an Ethernet adapter for the GC3 panel:

Hi Jason,

I just updated to version 3.1. Do you mind pinging across broadband to make sure my GC3 is connected correctly?

Thanks!
David

Is there anyway to tell by looking at something on the GC3 panel, etc , except by asking someone to issue a network ping, that dual path is enabled and working?

A ping lets you know whether the GC3 panel is reachable through the network. It does not, however, tell you if alarm.com is actually using dual path to communicate with the GC3 panel.

Question: Is there a way to tell via the alarm.com interface whether or not dual path is actually being used and working?

Also, is there a way to get alerts from alarm.com when the dual path Wi-Fi interface is not working/down?

I see settings in alarm.com associated with a second phone line but nothing that relates to dual path?

Thank you

I just updated to version 3.1. Do you mind pinging across broadband to make sure my GC3 is connected correctly?

A ping was successful.

Is there anyway to tell by looking at something on the GC3 panel, etc , except by asking someone to issue a network ping, that dual path is enabled and working?

There is a Network Test option in System Configuration which tests LAN, Internet Connection, and Alarm.com Backend Connection. System Settings > Installer Toolbox > Network Test

A ping lets you know whether the GC3 panel is reachable through the network. It does not, however, tell you if alarm.com is actually using dual path to communicate with the GC3 panel.

Happy to clarify. We do not have access to your local LAN or another device on it for any sort of local ping. We are referring to a Ping from Alarm.com to your panel, and a response from the panel. It does in fact tell us Alarm.com is communicating.

Question: Is there a way to tell via the alarm.com interface whether or not dual path is actually being used and working?

I don’t believe there is a way on the user website or App to on demand view that, no. You would want to use the panel network test.

Also, is there a way to get alerts from alarm.com when the dual path Wi-Fi interface is not working/down?

Yes, the dual path notifications are included in the System Actions to Watch notification option by selecting the “Panel Not Communicating” option.