2GIG GC3 Secondary Panel

Hi,

Do you know if 2GIG has released a new device or an update (firmware) to the TS1 keypad? I’m looking to purchase 2GIG for my new house, but need 3 keypads total. Would like them to be the touch screen ones.

Also this house was prewired for an alarm system already. There is wire by each windows and doors and corners of the house. I know 2GIG is wireless so is there a way I can use the wires and make it talk to the 2GIG system ?

Do you know if 2GIG has released a new device or an update (firmware) to the TS1 keypad?

No new device has been released nor has there been a firmware update to enable compatibility between the GC3 and the TS1. While there is talk of a new secondary panel in the works for the GC3, currently, the only secondary keypad that is compatible with the GC3 is the 2GIG PAD1-345.

this house was prewired for an alarm system already. There is wire by each windows and doors and corners of the house. I know 2GIG is wireless so is there a way I can use the wires and make it talk to the 2GIG system ?

The GC3 can utilize the 2GIG TAKE-345 takeover module. This will convert hardwired sensors into wireless, allowing you to utilize existing hardwired sensors, with the exception of Life Safety Devices as it is not a UL listed solution and the Take does not support smoke detectors.

Assuming that the existing control panel board (where all the sensor wires currently go) is still installed, then the existing board would just be reused to power the existing sensors More information on the TAKE-345 can be found through the link above.

The house just has wires. No other alarm is in place. It was prewired I guess for a hardwire alarm. Can I Still use the 345 part?

If there is no can in the basement (typically where the hardwired alarms are housed) then yes, you could use something like the HONEYWELL POWER HPL624 in place of a pre-existing control board. This would still connect to the existing wired sensors as well as the TAKE-345 in order to convert the hardwired sensors into wireless.

In either case, the TAKE-345 can convert up to 8 Zones. So if you have more than 8 zones that would need to be converted, you will need more than one Takeover Module.