2GIG GC3 and Carbon Detector

I purchased a different Carbon Detector than what I used last time. I purchased the 2GIG-CO8-345 but i cant get it connected to my GC3 and working. Is this compatible with the GC3 or do I need to buy a different model. Surety was out of the other model but saw them on Ebay for sale.

The CO8 is the replacement model for the CO3 and is compatible. I would recommend against buying older CO3 models as they have a end of life point and would be well into the lifespan at this point.

What issue are you having with the CO8? Where are you getting stuck? (Just to be 100% sure, is that Carbon model number the 2GIG-CO8-345? Or the 2GIG-CO8e-345? E-series versions are encrypted and would only work with E-series 2GIG panels.

Jason,

I don’t see it listed in my options to the unit by model number and I am not sure which one to select. I also tried to trigger the tamper to get he serial number and had no luck. How do I obtain the information needed to get it setup? Serial Number and Model that should be entered.

I don’t see it listed in my options to the unit by model number and I am not sure which one to select

Are you referring to the equipment code? You should be able to just use the same CO equipment code you would use for the CO3.

Make sure any plastic battery tabs have been pulled before trying to tamper. The SN you are referencing is labeled TXID and is a 7 digit ID.

Thanks Jason,

That is the information I needed for setup. I will le t you know if that works.

Jason,

That worked and I was able to set it up correctly.