2Gig GC3 Alarm.com account

The panel time, location, some service provider data, etc., has all failed to sync. The initial cell connection commands failed and the cell radio is not responding. The location and time, etc., will be resolved once the underlying connection issue is fixed.

• Can you verify the option selected for Q7 in panel programming? It should be 1.
  • Turn off wifi on the GC3.
  • Power off the panel completely, unplug AC first, then battery. Open the cell tray and pull out the cell sled. Can you take a photo of that sled’s label and send it as a PM?
  • Reinsert the cell sled carefully and make sure it is firmly installed.
  • After power up, do not turn on wifi yet, first wait about 5 minutes then run two back to back cell tests. Any change in response?

Can you verify the option selected for Q7 in panel programming? It should be 1. options are none or alarm.com

Turn off wifi on the GC3. done

Power off the panel completely, unplug AC first, then battery. Open the cell tray and pull out the cell sled. Can you take a photo of that sled’s label and send it as a PM? PM sent

Reinsert the cell sled carefully and make sure it is firmly installed. done

After power up, do not turn on wifi yet, first wait about 5 minutes then run two back to back cell tests. Any change in response?

Cell radio test started
Acquiring network
Failed

My signal is 4/6

Thanks, can you update your firmware to 3.2.6 then try another 2 cell tests?

Hi,
Panel updated to 3.2.6

Powered down 5 minutes.

Powered up

Let it sit 5 minutes

Cell radio test started
Acquiring network
Failed
X2

Thanks,
Bill

Alright thank you. Can you turn on wifi again? I will then send a couple troubleshooting commands

Ok. Give me hour or so to get back home.
Thanks

Hi,
The wifi is connected again. Let me know what you find out.

Thanks
Bill

Alright please go ahead and run two cell tests when available. What is the result?

Re-enable wifi again after. If no result it looks like there may be an underlying issue with that module.

hi,
both tests failed. I will order another modem.

Thanks,
Bill

Have u thought about just buying a new panel since the 2gig gc3 is no longer made ?

I have. Just not in my budget right now.

Thanks