2gig GC3 3g vs 4g Sled

I currently have the 3G 2GIG-CDMAV-A-GC3 Verizon sled installed in my 2GIG GC3 panel.

I see that there is now a 4G 2GIG-LTEV1-A-GC3 Verizon sled available for the 2GIG GC3 panel.

Should I be replacing/upgrading my 3G sled with the new 4G sled? Will 3G stop working in the near future? and potential time-frame?

Also, if I should upgrade, do I just need to install the latest hardware sled or do I need to contact anyone from Alarm.com, etc. before hand?

Note: I am already at the latest 2GIG GC3 Firmware level so that should not be a problem.

Appreciate your advise.

Thank you
Ken

You should upgrade to 4G at your earliest convenience. It’s not an emergency because 3G modules should continue to work until 2022 but eventually you’ll need to, so the earlier the better.

Some customers have reported that their 3G signal has become weaker or less reliable over time and upgrading to 4G early resolved the issue. If you start experiencing connectivity problems with your 3G sled then definitely upgrade to 4G. But if you do it proactively then you can potentially avoid dealing with those communication issues.

You would have to notify us (send us a private message) when you’ve swapped the sleds and we will make the change on our end.