2GIG GC2 and Kwikset 620 issues

I’ve got a GC2 panel and have always used Kwikset 910 locks with no problems. A few months ago I replaced one of the 910’s with a 620. Then recently had all my locks replaced by Kwikset under warranty (for finish issues) and they sent me all 620’s.

They have not seemed to work well with the GC2 Panel. Seem really finicky when adding them to the panel and do not seem to communicate well. Panel has to acquire status every time I select the lock, not updating status actively, 2 of them show failed on alarm.com but are still connected via the panel. Lot’s of issues like that. All other Zwave devices seem to be functioning normally which makes me think its not an issue with the panel

I’ve also had my panel erase ALL my devices 4 times now. The last time was when I was adding a Kwikset 620 that didn’t want to add correctly. Got stuck in the “Panel is adding devices” error message. When it got out of that I did a Check Network and everything was wiped. the first time was several years ago and had nothing to do with the 620’s, but I want to say the middle two times were also when I was adding a 620 but I can’t be entirely sure. I know at least 2 of the wipes have occured since I started adding 620’s

Has anybody had any issues with the GC2/Kwikset 620 combination? Or with their GC2 erasing all their devices? (i have about 70 devices so adding everything back to the panel is quite a project.)

Has anybody had any issues with the GC2/Kwikset 620 combination? Or with their GC2 erasing all their devices?

I cannot speak to the 620 specifically, but it is a known issue (usually seen during power outages) that the GC2 panel Z-wave radio in rare cases loses its device list. The bug is limited to the GC2 panel.

To avoid that issue, a replacement panel of a different model would be needed. I’ve never heard of anyone experiencing that issue four times though, that is an extreme amount of failures.

In general for locks and the GC2, keep in mind that the lock must be learned in within about 6 feet of the panel, then a network rediscovery run after everything is in its final spot.

Locks in particular require this proximity during pairing for 100% success.