2GIG FOB logged as Panic Button

When used to arm or disarm my 2GIG panel, the original FOB programed in my 2GIG panel logs messages on Alarm.com as ‘Keyfob One’, which it is. The second identical FOB that I added is logging as ‘Panic Button (52)’.

Both FOBs are part number 2GIG-KEY2-345 and are properly arming and disarming the panel. The second FOB is configured in the panel as FOB 2 with parameters identical to FOB 1, including equipment code 0866.

Any ideas why it’s logging as a Panic Button? I have two more FOBs to add and I’d like to find out if I’m doing something wrong before I try to add them.

Your programming is all correct. Alarm.com just gave the keyfob a default name, Panic (52), because it didn’t know what to call the new keyfob - which from Alarm.com’s perspective as a sensor is just a panic button. I sent a command to sync your 2GIG sensor names with Alarm.com so now Alarm.com should show the same name as your 2GIG panel. Does it look better now?

Looks perfect now! Logging now shows Keyfob Two. So if I add more FOBs or other devices, eventually I should request your center to sync my panel. Is that correct?

I would not normally expect or demand non-emergency support on a weekend. You guys are exceeding my expectations!

I would not normally expect or demand non-emergency support on a weekend. You guys are exceeding my expectations!

Suretycam is pretty awesome. Their support is usually top notch.

Yeah we’ll probably have to sync again. They don’t do it automatically because some dealers use different sensor names between ADC and 2GIG.

No problem with that Ryan. And now that I know why it’s happening it’s not a big deal. When my additions are complete we’ll sync up.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanx again for your help!