2gig flood sensor

I am looking to add a flood sensor to the system. It seems the official 2gig one is “2gig-FT1-345” but looks like that isn’t manufactured anymore - I don’t see it for sale. I did find another one RE219 (or RE119).

Is this recommended? Is it 2gig compatible? Or is flood sensor something that would be fine to just get a z-wave one?

Z-wave ones will not work with the panel. Sensor type Z-wave device command classes are typically not compatible.

The RE219 is a 2GIG compatible Flood/Freeze/High Temp detector. You can program any or all of the three detection loops into the panel.

Excellent - I’ll get that one. Thank you.

They just started selling the ft1-345 again a few months ago.

I’m curious where you place this sensor? I’d like to use it to detect if there is any flooding in my basement. Currently my basement is finished and has carpet so I am unsure where this would go and yet still detect any flooding. Thanks!

The RE219 would likely be best used on flat flooring. It is a spot detector and typically should be placed in trouble spots, near sump pumps, water heaters, washers, etc. The sensing element can be attached to floor or wall, with metal pins detecting moisture. Here are programming instructions.

If you are concerned with carpet moisture, an under-carpet sensor is likely best. I have not installed one, but this looks like it may be useable with any detection circuit.

Summary and Step by Step
Adding water cop and FT-6 sensor to 2 Gig Panel and question on Automation!!

There have been a lot of questions about this and I will try to put together a clear set of instuctions based on primarily Jason’s helpful answers

Step 1. Adding a 2gig FT6 sensor ( temperature, flood, freeze)

A. This sensor will not be automatically detected using the find z-wave devices option. You must add and configure these manually. When you get to the step asking for the serial number, you can remove the tape on the battery for the panel to add automatically or you can ENTER the serial number that is ON THE BOX.

Also note that you should not place this directly on something like a metal water heater drip pan as it will trigger the sensor!!

You have 2 options

Option 1. This will make the entire alarm ring (like a fire alarm) and the central monitoring station will be notified. However, the emergency units will not be dispatched automatically.

RF Sensor Type: 08 – 24 Hour Auxiliary Alarm
Equipment Type: Flood
Equipment Code: (1065) 2GIG Flood Sensor
Serial Number: Learn – Tamper Sensor
Equipment Age: New
Sensor Loop: 1
Voice Descriptor: As desired
Sensor Reports: Enabled
Sensor Supervised: Enabled
Sensor Chime: As desired

Optionally you can then add the other temp zones:

Option B: This will result in the alarm NOT going off and the central monitoring station will NOT be notified.
This is not recommended as you are dealing with a potential flood. You MUST set up notification.

Use sensor RF type 23 instead of 8. this is the NO response option.

When you choose this, you will need to choose the contact option and not the motion sensor option

Everything else is the same as option 1. Remember to set notifications. and flood detection is Loop 3 to confirm

Step 2. Add Fortrezz Water cop
This is simple. Enable Z wave search on the control panel. Press the MODE button Once on the water cop to include

Step 3. set up notifications.
Add new notification. Select the flood detector option and set up notifications.

Step 4. When the flood sensor triggers a warning, close the water cop shutoff valve.

HERE is where I am stuck. In automations, it doesnt allow me to trigger closure with the sensor.

HERE is where I am stuck. In automations, it doesnt allow me to trigger closure with the sensor.

Yep, if you select sensor type 23- No Response Type, ADC will not by default see that as a water sensor selectable for water management. We can designate it that way though for you. Try logging into Alarm.com again and check out the water management rules options. You should be able to use that sensor now.

Super. Thanks Again. I hope this thread will encourage others to use the water cop and flood sensor. Floods are definitely costly!!!

So my system is almost done. I have installed the alarm.com thermostats ( very easy) but discovered that there is no C-wire connect. SO I will have our HVAC people check it. Based on a previous thread, there appears to be a difference between installing the device with and without c-wires. So I guess I can remove from the panel and reinstall once the c-wire is connected.

Based on a previous thread, there appears to be a difference between installing the device with and without c-wires. So I guess I can remove from the panel and reinstall once the c-wire is connected

Yes, if learned in on battery power only, thermostats will function in a low power mode which limits communication and causes them to not function as repeaters.

It can certainly be used this way but we have noticed that rules and schedules function more smoothly when the device is not on low power mode.