2GIG Firmware update and notifications

1. Just to make sure I understand: a windows platform computer is required to update firmware?
  2. Once the system is up and operational, how am i notified about events detected by the system? Is there an app that will allow me to monitor, adjust thermostats, unlock doors etc remotely?

Thank you

Happy to assist!

1) Just to make sure I understand: a windows platform computer is required to update firmware?

Yes, in order to update the Go!Control panel’s firmware via the USB update cable, a windows pc is required. You can find more information and update instructions here.

2) Once the system is up and operational, how am i notified about events detected by the system? Is there an app that will allow me to monitor, adjust thermostats, unlock doors etc remotely?

Yes you can have control over your system through the Alarm.com mobile app as well as system notifications pushed to your mobile device. Provided you have compatible equipment installed, you can utilize the app to have remote control over locks, lights, garages, thermostats etc.

You may find these video tutorials helpful in utilizing the Alarm.com website and mobile app.