2GIG-FF-345 testing CO

I installed the FF-345 and it is configured to two zones - one for smoke and one for CO. It is placed next to a smoke detector and I have successfully tested that function. Press the test button on the smoke detector, and the firefighter smoke alarm zone triggers.

I am having trouble testing the CO, and not sure what the problem is. I have two Kidde brand wall-mounted CO detectors. When you press the “Test” button, it does this:

• 1 beep
  • 4 quick loud beeps
  • 4 quick loud beeps
  • 1 beep

The FF-345 does not trigger. I don’t know if the problems is:
A) the audio pattern from actual CO detected is different, so I’m not testing correctly
B) there is a configuration issue
C) the CO detector is too far. I have two CO detectors. The nearest one is about 8’ away behind a doorway.

Any suggestions on how to test or what to look for?

thank you

Are you using Loop 1 for both? Smoke should be the printed Sensor ID, Carbon should be the printed Sensor ID plus 1.

The FF-345 needs to be 6" (Inches) away from the detector max with its speaker holes pointed toward the sensor.

Are you testing within the first hour? If not how long did you hold down the carbon detector test button for?

From the manual:

“During the first hour after powering up, the FireFighter is in test mode. This allows
you to use the test button on on the Smoke, CO or Combo unit to test the system.
After the first hour, the FireFighter requires at least two valid patterns from the
detector to validate the alarm, which may not be possible via the detector test
button.”

I’m not sure which loop it’s using. I couldn’t see a loop number in the control panel settings. May be looking in the wrong place.

Definitely not testing in the first hour. I tried holding down the CO test button for 30 seconds, but it just keeps repeating the pattern.

Are you saying that the FF-345 needs to be less than 6" away? The CO detector is more like 8’ away, and definitely not facing the speaker hole. So maybe I just need to remount it closer to the FF-345?

I’m not sure which loop it’s using. I couldn’t see a loop number in the control panel settings. May be looking in the wrong place.

Loop number is set and identified in sensor programming. Which panel are you using?

Are you saying that the FF-345 needs to be less than 6" away?

6 inches is the maximum distance the FireFighter can be from the sensor it is listening to. The CO detector being 8 feet away would be well outside this.