2GIG Edge Radio Signal Issue

I just got a new 2GIG Edge and the radio signal shows 0/6. When I checked the covered in the area, the result shows full coverage for Verizon and AT&T (I have the later). I bought an external antenna in hopes of improvement and nothing has changed. Can I still register for the monitoring service or does it need to be greater than 0 (common sense tells me that is the case).

On a side note, I have AT&T cell service and it works in the house, even thought the signal is not the strong. How do it I know if the problem is the signal or and new] device?

Any suggestion on what else I can do?

Can I still register for the monitoring service or does it need to be greater than 0 (common sense tells me that is the case).

The minimum recommended signaling is 2/6 bars. Since the panel is dual path, you can connect to wi-fi as well. What you need to do in order to connect the panel to service is run a successful cell test from the panel (after plan purchase and account creation). This would require at least 1 or 2 out of 6 bars.

Have you fully power cycled the panel? Typically, a fully power down for a couple minutes, then powering it back up, will allow the panel to reacquire signal from the nearest applicable tower.

To do so, with the system disarmed, power a panel down completely, power supply first then the internal battery, and leave it off for at least 2 minutes, then plug in the battery followed by power supply. Are you able to get any signal afterwards?

On a side note, I have AT&T cell service and it works in the house, even thought the signal is not the strong. How do it I know if the problem is the signal or and new] device?

Machine to machine coverage can be different from cell phone coverage. Where is the panel located? Have you tried moving it around, like to an outer wall on a main floor. to get a better signal?

After power cycling and activating the service, the system started working and the signal increased to 2/6. Thank you!