2Gig Edge from 2Gig GC3

So, I think I recently broken something inside my GC3 when taking it off the wall and putting it back on again. After this, I heard something that sounded loose inside the GC3. And then the panel says it lost connection to all of my sensors. So with that in mind I was thinking of buying a new panel, but see the GC3 is no longer available. I did see however that they have the new Edge panel.

So, my main question is, will all of my old sensors work with the new Edge panel? And secondary, is there any easy upgrade path (backup GC3, restore on the Edge)?

So, my main question is, will all of my old sensors work with the new Edge panel?

For the most part yes. Existing 2GIG 345Mhz sensors would be compatible. Existing Z-wave devices could be reused. Secondary keypads would need to be replaced.

And secondary, is there any easy upgrade path (backup GC3, restore on the Edge)?

The Edge does not currently support backup restoral processes in Alarm.com. Devices would need to be manually learned.

Another option beyond the Edge panel is the IQ Panel 4 345Mhz version. We sell the IQ panel. You can use an Edge panel sourced from any vendor however.

You can swap the panel tied to your service at any time by visiting the system manager here and using the Swap Cellular Module/Panel option.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. Based on your recommendation and reading some other threads about the IQ panel vs Edge, I have decided to order the IQ panel. When ordering though, it looks like another subscription has been created for my account. As this new panel is just a replacement for my old one, can I just cancel this new subscription and activate the new panel on my old subscription when it comes?

Yes, a free month of service comes with the system, but if you are upgrading this free month will just be applied to your current subscription.

I’ll send you a private message regarding the cancellation.

You can then use the Swap Cellular Module/Panel option described above when you get the panel.

For what it’s worth, I am so happy that I moved away from the 2gig brand to the IQ 4 panel.

2gig seemed to stop supporting its product.

Qolsys seems like it’s better quality, more support, and the surety team embraces this brand more which makes it easier when issues come up or I need additional product

BTW, surety has the best prices on Power G products and you get it fast

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to second the comment above. I purchased the 2GIG GC3 shortly after it was launched and was disappointed the entire time I had the panel. 2GIG never supported the panel adequately and I was constantly waiting for them to fix the latest bug with a firmware release. I just switched to a Qolsys IQ4 and can already see a major difference in quality. As someone who has used both panels I highly recommend the Qolsys.

Me personally as when it comes to 2gig the only main solid system they make is the gc2e