2GIG Edge Cellular Issue

Currently I’m having issues with getting my new 2GIG Edge panel to pass it’s cellular test. The Connection status says disconnected and SIM status says missing. When I look at the module with the SIM card in back it looks connected to the board and the SIM card is inserted. I know on the new Edge panels that the cellular modem is permanently attached to the board so I’m worried about messing around with it to much. It’s brand new out of the box as of today and everything else is working nicely so far. I’ve attempted to reseat the SIM card and power cycled it but nothing so far. I’ve looked over the manuals and install guide to see if I’m missing something but I didn’t see anything about the cellular modem and there really isn’t much information online yet about these panels. Any help anyone could provide would be awesome. PXL_20210702_051135901.MP~2

Hey, I have actually had this same thing reported on another panel, and unfortunately I don’t have record of any fix. That particular user has not followed up on the last troubleshooting suggestions, but it looks like the problem there is ongoing.

Can you confirm that the IMEI listed on the sticker on the back of your panel matches the IMEI in the UI (the serial number in your image)?

We’ve seen a fair few odd SIM related issues with early Edge panels.

Missing is a pretty telling status for the SIM. It simply appears the panel cannot tell one is there. This could be a defect of the panel or the SIM itself. In either case, if you cannot resolve the issue with a power cycle and reseating the SIM, it may require reaching out to your original vendor and seeking warranty replacement. I am reaching out to 2GIG for any additional info.

So that we can best assist can you please send us a private message with the Serial Number (the actual panel serial number, not the IMEI) from the sticker on the back of the panel? 2GIG requires this info.

Good Morning Jason,

I just sent you a message with all that information. Please let me know if you need anything else and thank you for your help on this.

Received, 2GIG has replied with a case number. Please refer to the private message.