2GIG Cell Module Not Communicating

I would like to know why my system is no longer functioning. The cell phone test is failing. If it’s because if the modem the. I would like to know what reason you sent me a cdma radio as opposed to lte when I purchased the system. Someone on the far end has now disabled communication. I need this resolved. Thanks.

Happy to assist. It appears this is directly related to this ongoing thread. Please be sure to review the recommendations.

I would like to know why my system is no longer functioning

I see successful cell phone tests in recent history as well as panel activity. We’ve sent a few commands to the panel which are not yet acknowledged however. Individual failed cell tests may be due to cellular carrier service hiccups.

As stated in prior thread, the location your system was moved to does not have physical infrastructure for the carrier of your module, so it is roaming. This is not necessarily a “problem” in and of itself, but if cellular snags do occur they are much more difficult to affect any change, as the tower infrastructure is not owned by the carrier.

Someone on the far end has now disabled communication. I need this resolved.

I understand the concern, but this is flatly incorrect. Service has not been disabled at any step of the way.

If a forwarding problem occurs in a third party tower, or cellular service is down for any reason, you can see a failed cell phone test result.

As described in the past, what we are seeing in your case is intermittent cellular forwarding failures through third party towers. We report these incidents to Alarm.com and Verizon, but the impact of the reports when the system is roaming can be slim unfortunately.

As the CDMA is simply not recommended for the current location by ADC, the best solution would be to switch the module.

If it’s because if the modem the. I would like to know what reason you sent me a cdma radio as opposed to lte when I purchased the system
  1. Because the order you are referencing, you purchased a CDMA Module. suretyDIY ships orders according to what was purchased.

2. If signaling is unavailable for the module type selected when purchasing, suretyDIY reps will typically make recommendations when you place an order to switch to a different module. However, in this case you purchased your system for one location with coverage and later moved to a location without coverage. We cannot ensure that one module you have purchased will be the optimal module for all possible future relocations.

In most cases/locations, coverage will be adequate, however exceptions exist. If a user plans to relocate and use existing equipment, please be sure to check the coverage tool here for the new address.

I understand the intermittent issues resulting from this move are a frustration, and we are happy to recommend the best resolutions. I would very very strongly recommend attempting to resolve via one of the following options:

1. New module. Please enter your current address into the coverage check tool here for more info and to confirm the best option.

2. Go!Bridge broadband concurrent signaling would keep solid communication through your internet if a cellular service issue through the roaming tower occurs.

3. There is currently a promotional offer for upgrading to the GE Qolsys IQ Panel 2+, providing 6 free months of service. An alternate version of the IQ Panel 2+ which has compatibility with 2GIG sensors exists and we would be happy to assist should you wish to update. Send us an email to customerservice@suretyDIY.com if interested.