2GIG Alarm System Low Battery Alerts

Hello All,

The house I bought about a year ago came with a 2GIG Alarm System that I really don’t want. I’ve considered having the installer come out and disable it, but they’re asking a pretty penny to do it. I wouldn’t have any problem with it being there in case I decided to have it monitored one day, but some of the window sensors around the house have low batteries which causes the alarm to give off an ear-splitting chime every few minutes. I acknowledge the alerts which stops the chiming, but they start up again every time there’s a power interruption (lots of outages where I live). To make matters worse, it always seems to happen in the middle of the night.

I’d rather not mess around with changing a bunch of batteries in the window sensors since I never use the alarm; is there a way to disable low battery alerts short of having the installer come out here and disconnect the entire system?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

The lithium batteries are easy to replace, and you can get them just about everywhere for like $5

You can remove the sensors from programming by changing the zone type to 00 unused, you can disable the sensor supervision by setting zone ‘supervision’ to 0. The sensor will then no longer report low battery or malfunction to panel.

You can also Simply remove the battery pack connector in panel, and simply unplug power transformer In it if you don’t want to use the system. This will turn it off. You can also unplug the speaker connector in panel which will effectively silence the main CP.

There are many videos and threads that tell you how to program, search for what you need.

I’d rather not mess around with changing a bunch of batteries in the window sensors since I never use the alarm; is there a way to disable low battery alerts short of having the installer come out here and disconnect the entire system?

Just unplug power from the main control panel and any secondary control panels. You don’t need to pay the installer to come out and do that.

I’ll take it! :wink: