2 way voice

I was just wondering if the 2 way voice will sound the activation tone during a silent panic or duress alarm when the operator is in listen in only mode ? I wouldn’t want an intruder to know that someone is listening in during a silent alarm, or Duress situation just curious . I know that when I send in a silent panic and duress during testing I get no response, panel stays quiet just curious

Thank you

There shouldn’t be any 2-Way voice call made during a silent panic alarm.

You do realize that with silent, this is primarily used to catch intruders in the act (because there is no audible alarm), and an intruder will think they have more time in your home than they do.

Do you want intruders to stick around in your home, or do you want them to get out as fast as possible? and do you want a police standoff/potental hostage situation in your home with intruders who may be armed and/or desperate?

The panel will still do silent panics, the logo on screen is a silent panic whether system is armed or disarmed. Hit logo, enter duress code equals silent panic.

Ideally you want multiple keypads, TS1’s throughout your home on all floors for ‘fixed panic’ capability, AND Image sensors or cameras (which also record in alarm events and silent/duress panic alarm events).

Right, I do understand the reasoning to have audible panics , which I do have!!! I just was wondering when a duress or silent panic were initiated , the panel is set for a listen in mode only during these alarms How would I know the operator is listening ? During a regular two way alarm there is usually a tone before operator starts to speak , does this tone start for listen in only mode one way, not two way ? Ideally I wouldn’t want the intruder to know I have activated a duress signal,ie being forced to silent/ disarm the audible alarm or that an operator is actively listening

Better yet I should just ask does an operator really listen in on duress and silent panics?

“I wouldn’t want an intruder to know that someone is listening in during a silent alarm, or Duress situation just curious . I know that when I send in a silent panic…”

Silent alarm and duress and silent panics are not the same. Each have their own settings on panel.

I was refering to audible alarms versus silent alarms.

By default, panic alarms are audible, and duress alarms are silent. Alarms, and police panics can be programmed silent (though I think this would be a bad idea).

Emergency and fire panics cannot be programmed silent

On silent alarm, silent panic, and duress alarm CS oper listens in only.