2 Gig CO2 Detector Question

My @2Gig c03-345 started beeping in the middle of the night. It “expired”.

First of all, why do they expire? Is there some sort of compound that starts vaporizing away?

I found one from a local store for $69.11 and bought it there. Not so much because it was lower priced than the one at SuretyCam, but because its a safety device and I could get it immediately.

I open it up and it says the detector was made in 2013 and expires in 2018. They typically last for 5 years and this one is more than half gone. Or is it? Do they start “expiring” once the battery is in or do they start expiring once power is hooked up.

If they do expire regardless of battery, I will get one from Surety Cam and return this one, but I am wondering what the date of manufacture is on the Surety Cam ones that you are going to send out?

Just read through the manual. It is from the date of manufacture not date of install that they begin expiring.

So this just leaves the question as to what date the ones Surey Cam has in stock are on the sticker on the unit?

I’m told the last one checked was manufactured January 2016.

You will usually see a manufactured code of at least a few months prior, sometimes longer, as the units will often be in distribution for a little while.

order placed. Would appreciate double checking to make sure I get a 2016 one

We cannot guarantee date codes as they are determined by manufacturer and distribution. They are kept in low quantity though and any shipped would be from a similar or same manufacturing date.

I would trust that if you sent one out that was over a reasonable amount of time, such as one year or older, Suretycam would make it right without further financial impact to the customer since they know this product only has a 5 year lifespan.

No one can guarantee product, all they can do is guarantee that if something goes wrong that they will make it right.

I trust this is the case with Surety Cam and why people like me use you guys and are willing to pay more when you are not the lowest price

Just wanted everyone to know I ordered this on Monday and got it on Wed in S. Cal.

The seal was broken on the box but I think it was because I made a big deal about the manufacture date on this thread and they checked it on the unit before sending out. The battery was still sealed.

Surety Cam is not the cheapest for 2Gig merchandise, but i have purchased a lot from them because they do it right. These detectors only have a 5 year life span and I bought from a local vendor (Smarthome) because there was no shipping and I could get it same day. The unit was 3 years old for a 5 year lifespan product. This is why I pay more with Surety Cam…for the peace of mind.

The date stamp on this unit was January 2016 so I have until 2021 before this unit expires.

Now we just have to figure out my 2:45 AM panel re-arming thing (which it has not done since my last post about it) :slight_smile:

BTW are 2 GIG GC2’s going to be heavily discounted due to the GC3’s released. I would get the GC3 but there is no remote panels (I need 2) and there seems to be things still not supported and it needs more time.
Thanks SuretyCam

BTW are 2 GIG GC2’s going to be heavily discounted due to the GC3’s released. I would get the GC3 but there is no remote panels (I need 2) and there seems to be things still not supported and it needs more time.

Not at this time, 2GIG is selling and treating the 2GIG GC3 as a premium version of its system, not a replacement of the GC2. The GC2 is still a current system with ongoing updates and new firmware and we do not stock older units or refurbished ones.