2 GiG Cellular Communication Issues

2gig alarm system is having cellular communication issues. It has verizon cell module. I tried all the trouble shooting method mentioned in the forum, like power down panel and cellphone test method. But it is still not able to connect seeing PDP connect/Access denied error. I saw recent posts with similar issues. Is this due to an outage?

There were specific Verizon issues reported in a certain geographical area, but your account is not related to that area. I will look into it with Alarm.com to be sure and see if there are any other reports nearby.

In general, your panel uses a 3G CDMA communication module. Note that by December 2022 all 3G modules will cease to function as the Verizon and AT&T carriers will no longer support them. Some areas will see an impact on signaling leading up to that date as the carrier reallocates resources.

Whenever a CDMA module sees sustained signaling issues for a couple days I would recommend considering an upgrade soon. Visit your subscription management page to find info on upgrading.

By cellphone test method, do you mean the steps outlined below running walk tests on the panel?

I’d highly recommend upgrading now and I’m 90% this fix ur issue

Yes i did the above mentioned steps also did power cycle by remove power cables and disconnecting the battery. Signal status i saw as 17/31 if i remember correctly and it was always in similar level and was working fine.

Since this is a 2gig, is it easy to upgrade to Qolsys IQ 2+. Does the 2 gig take over module and sensors works with IQ 2+?

As long u get the Iq plus panel 345 everything should work fine

The standard version of the IQ Panel 2+ uses a GE radio which would not be compatible, but the IQ Panel 2+ 345 Mhz version here would be compatible with 2GIG Sensors out of the box, including the Take-345 takeover module.

Note that it would not work with 2GIG Image sensors or secondary TS1 keypads.