12v Strobe Qolsys 2 or HW 16 Translator

Hello,

Is there a way to connect a 12v strobe to the panel or translator for alarm purposes?

Thanks

The siren output on the panel itself is just a relay, so you can connect pretty much anything with a second relay and a power supply that will trip it.

If the strobe takes less than 300ma it can probably just be powered across the panel relay. If it needs more than that you would need a second relay.

So the strobe is 200 ma. Could you kindly describe how it would be wired to the HW 16 which would be more convenient in this application? Thank you

I believe you can simply wire that like you would a siren. See the Hardwire 16F wiring guide below.

If it is 12VDC 200ma you should be able to power it as shown in the diagram I think.

Thanks for the info, but could not get it to work. It seems so simple, but … Perhaps there is someone who actually has a wired strobe working with the QOLSYS 2 or HW 16 could describe how they did it. Thanks

What is the model number of the strobe?

Do you have the Hardwire 16F? Or do you have an older 16 or 16S?

Is your translator itself learned into the panel as a translator zone for supervision?

Hello…

The strobe is a Seco-Larm Enforcer SL 126Q series 200ma @ 12vdc (Amazon)

I have a HW16 F learned into Qolsys 2 as a takeover and it is supervised. All wired zones have worked perfectly AFAIK.

Thanks

Thanks

Would you mind posting a photo of your wiring? That may help identify the issue here.

Do you have a voltmeter to test between the GND and OUT terminals for voltage during an alarm activation?

Also are you testing via a system siren test or by an actual alarm event? You should test a true alarm event. Just be sure to have any monitoring account on test mode first.

I tested it with panel siren test and multiple actual alarm events. It was wired exactly as diagramed and I tried a couple of variations. I will put a volt meter on it and let you know. Thanks