0000 password not working

Hello, I used to be able to use the 0000 password to get into the dealer and installer settings in the advanced settings t
on my IQ2 panel but now it doesn’t work any more. I put in my regular alarm code and that takes me to the advanced settings but It seems I’m not getting all the advanced settings. Did something change on the recent update?

The code 0000 is not a default value for the IQP2/2+ and there are two separate codes, one for Dealer (default 2222) and one for Installer (1111). They cannot be set to the same value.

The Dealer code gives access to the same features as the Installer code with some added features like dealer branding and time settings, nested under Advanced Settings.

Were you using “0000” as the installer code or dealer code? This code no longer works at all?

The most recent update, 2.4.0, did not make any changes to what can be accessed via these codes. Nor should firmware updates change these values after updating.

Indeed, I was using 0000 before as the dealer code (which I thought was default). I also tried 2222 and 1111, and they don’t work unfortunately. If my dealer changed it by accident or intentionally, how would they change it to my user code? Which doesn’t actually give me the dealer options, just other advanced options.

If my dealer changed it by accident or intentionally, how would they change it to my user code? Which doesn’t actually give me the dealer options, just other advanced options.

To clarify, your master user code will still access the Advanced Settings menu on the IQ Panel 2. Installer Specific items hidden behind the installer or dealer code will not be visible. This is normal and expected.

If you are not a Surety service subscriber and previously had dealer access with a code but now that code does not work, that would mean that your provider likely altered the code through the Alarm.com back-end.

To regain access you would just need to check with your provider and see if they will change the code for you to one of your choosing or share the current value.

Thanks, indeed my dealer password was changed by my dealer. I now know what it is and have access to the extra features.