Zwave

How do I go about linking my zwave devises to my Alarm.com account?

Z-Wave devices will typically auto populate in your alarm.com account after learning them into your panel. If they do not auto populate after a period of time, you can request us to run an update. At this time, commands have been run to populate the z-wave devices in your Alarm.com account. I am seeing a few, but not all of the devices are populating properly. To better assist you, what are the model numbers of the z-wave devices you are using?

Note that any time you add new Z-Wave devices to your system, you will want to run a z-wave network rediscovery to map and repair the routes of all those devices learned in to your panel.

You may find this page useful as it covers a lot of the ins and outs of pairing and installing z-wave devices.

Ok, all the Zwaves are now populated but names are correct on panel but not in app
How do I change names of the switches on the app

Z-wave device names will not sync between the panel and ADC, but you can rename those with more specific names in Alarm.com by logging into the Alarm.com website and navigating to Settings > Devices > Automation Devices. The Alarm.com names will be used in all Alarm.com notifications and the app.