Zwave slow in responding

I installed a new light swatch yesterday and to remove the panel and take it to the switch, as i was having issues i thought were based on distance, however it turned out to be user error and the switch included fine.

I put the panel back and rebooted the panel and rediscovered the network. My Zwave system is now responding very slowly. I use to get responses within seconds to commands, however now, it is really lagging and sometimes timing out. I have rediscovered the network several times with little help, although it was definitely better after letting the system sit overnight, however it is still lagging a lot. Any suggestions?

thanks

Generally my first suggestion would be to try a hard reboot command. Visit the System Manager and send a remote reboot command to the panel. Wait about 5-10 minutes after the reboot, then test your Z-wave network. Any change?

Also, what model of light switch did you newly pair?

Hi Jason,

I have done the hard reboot several times and rediscovered the network after each. It appears to be slowly coming back to life after 2 days, but still lags and sometimes times out which was never a problem before.

I installed a Linear WS15Z-1.

Thanks

So is this also occurring locally at the panel when trying to control devices? If you are referencing just ADC commands, it looks more likely that cellular latency is the cause.

You’ve had a much higher registration time metric for your cell connection after 10/17. Is that the day you rebooted?

You might try powering down the panel completely for a full 5 minutes, then boot it back up. Any change after about 10 minutes?

Jason I think your on to something here. I almost solely use my phone for commands through ADC, so I will try and see if I am having the same issue from the panel. When you mention time metric is the cell signal what you are referring to?

When I hooked the panel back up after installing the switch(10/17) I did notice that my cell test failed. I rescured the connections and it passed the test and gave me the same signal strength I had prior to removal. Is this what you are referring to when you say my cell latency is the cause?

Lastly, for the power down, I assume I should disconnect the battery as well…

Hi Jason,

The powercycle you suggested did the trick thank you. For my personal knowledge, what did that do to fix it?

Powering off the panel for at least 2-3 minutes will force a re-registration of the module when connecting to the cell network and can resolve some types of cell signaling issues.

Thank you