Zooz Titan Water Valve Actuator

Hi Jason,

I do not have a backup battery install. Unplug for 2 minutes still showing the error.

If you delete that device from your panel, wait 20 minutes, then relearn it, does the status resolve or return?

Tried that over the weekend. The low battery come on the about 6 hours later.

Thanks for confirming, I will check with ADC if this is expected where the optional battery backup device is absent.

Thank you…please let me know.

Hi Jason…any update…Still getting the error.

Does the low battery status show on the panel under the status pages or just in Alarm.com?

It shows under both. The panel and ADC app.

Thanks, the panel firmware will need to be updated first, then the device should be deleted and relearned as the next step for troubleshooting.

You will need to apply 4.3.0 first, then 4.4.1. The patch tags are required to update to these versions.

Instructions for both version updates are found here:

Hi Jason…updated the panel per instruction. Now the message is on the ADC app and I get email notification, but not showing on panel.

I take that back…still showing critical battery under panel.

This is FW update issue, IQ panel changed handling of battery command class caused this issue

You should update the FW of Titan to the latest, should fix this issue.
Pls contact Zooz

I am on an IQ2 Panel with FW 2.18.1 and I Am seeing this issue with a newly added Zooz Titan. I assume this conversation implies I should update the FW on the Zooz correct? Does the IQ panel support Over the Air Firmware Upgrades? Or do I need to follow Zooz’s insanely complicated instructions :blush: ?

I had to update the valve firmware with the long instructions on the website. I don’t think the panel support OTA update.

1 Like

Thanks, makes sense. I just ordered a Z-Wave stick from Zooz. Unexpected increase in the cost of hooking up the water shutoff :grimacing: Good news, I probably will install another one in a different house amortizing the cost of the stick. I am sure I can find more uses too!

Jason, et al,

I have update my Zooz Titan water device to FW version 1.21, then re-added it to my IQ Panel 2 Plus at FW 2.8.1. It appears to still be alarming as battery critical.

Further investigation. I added and removed the device at least twice, each time, the device immediately reports the battery critical status on panel, but not on the app.

Also, the open/close commands on the app do not do anything. they respond as if the task was complete, but there is no evidence of the device receiving or acting on the commands.

Okay, a follow-up. I read on the Zooz site there is a configuration to “flip” the on/off reporting of the app. I ran that step “hold button for 4 beeps, release and quickly press button three times”. After that, the on/off buttons started working!

The app does not report the battery critical status, but if I look at the Z-wave status on the panel, it still shows battery critical as well. I guess that is fine as long as everything works.

I won’t declare victory yet. I want to see the system stay stable for a few days first (the on/off buttons failed, along with the app battery message after 1+ days before I upgraded the valve’s firmware).

Any ideas?

Okay, a follow-up. I read on the Zooz site there is a configuration to “flip” the on/off reporting of the app. I ran that step “hold button for 4 beeps, release and quickly press button three times”. After that, the on/off buttons started working!

That is good news. Let us know if you see any change, or if the status displays in ADC.

There are no additional steps I know of to impact the panel battery report at this time. We’ve reported the behavior interaction to Qolsys.

Well, bad news, the failure to respond to open/close came back again after about 18 hours. It does seem to sometimes close, but never opens.

I think there is something wrong with the way the device was recognized. The valve is less than 20’ from the panel (floor below). and the signal is excellent, it also sees many other devices on the z-wave network too.

Can you check the status of the device in the panel/ADC?

Can you send a PM with a photo of the device label showing model info?

I am going to send the description and label info to Qolsys for investigation. The device is reporting good link quality, and other than the low battery it doesn’t show errors.

It is however not reporting any neighbor nodes at all, which is odd, and the issues described do seem to suggest a firmware incompatibility.