Z-wave lock 2GIG Compatibility?

most likely to get skipped is bringing the lock and panel within a few feet of one another. I know it seems like it shouldn’t matter, but it very much does, so if your lock is anything more than 6 feet away from the panel, you’ll want to bring it to the panel to learn it in initially.

My lock is beside the panel, maybe 18 inches away. I’ve tried to do this to many times. It does ADD the 910, and even shows up in the list of devices. But, when I attempt to unlock/lock it I’m stuck. And this is all with the lock in the same location: 18" from the panel.

It does ADD the 910, and even shows up in the list of devices.

To clarify, this does not necessarily mean the lock is successfully enrolled. That’s part of the distance learning problem; the lock may populate in the panel device list, but that does not mean the data transfer was fully successful.

But, when I attempt to unlock/lock it I’m stuck.

So, on the GC3 panel, when you press Smart Home Controls - Locks, do you see the option to toggle the lock between locked/unlocked, or is it just a spinning status refresh wheel?

Have you tried replacing the batteries on the 910?

Make sure that the battery tray is not loose on the 910. It can slide up away from the terminals if the lock is laid out flat on a table.

So, on the GC3 panel, when you press Smart Home Controls – Locks, do you see the option to toggle the lock between locked/unlocked, or is it just a spinning status refresh wheel?

I briefly see the Green lock/unlock button. Then it disappears within 2 seconds and I see a spinning refresh wheel.

Have you tried replacing the batteries on the 910?

I put in new batteries. The tray is seated snug and the contacts are clean (no corrosion or material).

It does not looks like this is regarding a suretyDIY account, is that correct? It would be good to ask your provider to determine if the lock’s secure enrollment completed successfully.

Based on what you are saying I would assume that secure enrollment is the problem, but without access we could not say for certain.

The 910 should not see issues. Curious, are you running a network rediscovery after learning the lock?

System Settings - Installer Code - Smart Home Settings - Rediscovery Network.

Hello,

I’m looking to switch my service over to DIY. But I was wondering if anyone has had luck brining over their Digital life security and Home Automation equipment? I know most of the Automation parts are Z-wave but what about the sensors. Currently I have 7 cameras, 2 water sensors, 4 smart plugs, 2 Yale door locks, 2 thermostats, 2 motion sensors, and all window and doors covered. And help would be greatly appreciated I would just like to know if its possible.

I was wondering if anyone has had luck brining over their Digital life security and Home Automation equipment?

This forum thread goes over a related topic.

I believe Zigbee is the primary protocol used by that system, which would not be compatible with Alarm.com systems, no. However, I could not say for certain without checking model numbers.

Could you provide the model numbers of the sensor types you have, like the door sensors and motion detectors? Also check the model number on the thermostats and locks. We could provide more detailed info with model numbers.

Only Alarm.com IP cameras can be used with Alarm.com Cloud Video. Alarm.com cameras have proprietary firmware. If you have analog cameras, they could be used with an ADC-VS420 video server, but non-Alarm.com IP cameras cannot be used.