Wired to wireless with wireless sensor

Can I use my dw10 sensors at the control box, on a existing wired system that I am taking over. I bought the GC3 and wireless sensors. But the windows are casement windows and hard to get those wireless sensors on. Or is the distance of the wire too long and would drain the battery, or is there no battery drain?

Thank you,
Ronny

If I understand correctly you want to use DW10 sensors for individual wired window sensors as transmitters and mount them near the old metal panel can?

If so, yes, you could do so. A TAKE-345 would be more cost-effective if there are more than a couple sensor zones, but if you already have the DW10s, there’s no reason not to use them.

This page has programming steps for such use.

You would just want to learn the DW10’s as perimeter sensors and use Loop 1.

There would be no distance concerns. Wired door/window contacts are not powered sensors.

Be sure not to place the DW10s inside the metal panel housing though. You must run those cables out of the box and mount the DW10’s a little distance from the box. The metal will soak up the RF signal.

Thank you. Yes I already ordered the sensors and it is for a family member install and did not see house before purchase.

thank you