Will Vivint cameras work?

Correct, when I said work through Alarm.com I meant work through an Alarm.com dealer rather than Vivotek. Are you currently a suretyDIY customer? Even if you aren’t we’re happy to help you.

I’m a bit confused by your last sentence. Have had this camera working before an another Alarm.com account and now you’re trying to set it up on a new Alarm.com account? Or have you never seen this camera work before with Alarm.com? Are you by any chance trying to use an actual Vivotek TC5633 (not an Alarm.com camera) and use it with Alarm.com?

@ Ryan

My camera worked with my old monitoring server, now only the ADC-V620PT works with alarm.com
The older model ADC-V610PT is not working on alarm.com and I also have some Vivotek TC5633 that do not also work with Alarm.com setup when i try to add the device, but i think the ADC-V610PT should work and it does not

Thanks for your help & support

Are you saying that you used the ADC-V620PT with your own DVR/NVR (monitoring server) before instead of Alarm.com? If so, which NVR software did you use it with?

@ Adspace
The question here again, does the V610PT say ‘alarm.com’ on front or bottom…if the answer is NO, then your camera is not compatible as it is running firmware that is not ADC compatible…the firmware cannot be reflashed to work with ADC as the only ones who can provide it is ADC, and they refuse to.

ADC branding:
v610pt

ADC Firmware Version:v610pt firmware
If on the other hand, the cam is branded alarm.com, or the sticker on the bottom says alarm.com, then the firmware is compatible, and that is not your issue.

a. Cam is defective
b. Cam is registered to another account/provider
c. Cam is misconfigured for network/internet/LAN access
d. Cam firmware (if an ADC branded cam) was modified/changed (Sol)

Note-ADC locks their cams so they cannot be used locally, or accessed via LAN without knowing the pass code…since you report that your V610PT is LAN access able, it leads me to believe that yours is not an ADC version of the V610PT…in that case you are SOL and it will never work with alarm.com

Thanks all for all your help with my camera issue

Seems that that there is no way to re-flash the camera with the new firmware so I will not be able to use with my alarm.com account, but it works perfect reset to factory default and using it via the browser using the IP, it also gives me all the options to set triggers and motion events and even emails the report to any account.

So I guess I will use it to do live monitoring of a room or storage space for now…

Kindest regards to all!
AdSpace