Wife’s Phone Disarming Alarm

Hello,

My wife’s phone is disarming the alarm in the middle of the night by itself. Can’t figure out what the issue is.

Sounds like you are using Bluetooth disarming?

If you use Bluetooth disarming and arm Away at night, this is a likely result.

This would mean that at some point over the course of the night, the bluetooth connection between the phone and the panel is broken. That could be due to any number of reasons, including interference, weak connection, distance, phone reboot for any reason (updates, power, etc.); literally anything that might cause bluetooth to temporarily disconnect.

I would discourage the use of Bluetooth disarming if you use motion detectors and arm away at night. Bluetooth disarming does not affect Stay arming mode, so if possible, make sure you use Stay mode instead at night.

Hi Jason,

Thank for your reply. This has not happened in the past. This just started happening about a week ago.

This is the same case when I arm away. My phone and my wife’s phone disarms the alarm without our intervention.

Since we installed the system in June, we have always armed and disarmed the system through our phones with no issue.

I’m really not sure what to do.

It’s probably a typo but Jason was saying this problem occurs when people arm Away at night and suggesting arming in Stay mode may resolve it. Have you had the problem when armed in Stay mode?

We are experiencing the same issue only within the past month or so. I will try changing the settings to arm stay but if I remember correctly there was an issue with the motion detector on arm stay.

Updates to your phone, etc., can affect connectivity with bluetooth. There are lots of things which might cause bluetooth to disconnect and reconnect overnight.

In general if you enable bluetooth disarming on a Qolsys panel it is recommended to arm stay at night so that the panel cannot accidentally disarm unintentionally.

1 Like

I was able to find the bluetooth disarming page on the panel. Should I disable bluetooth disarming? What is the benefit of keeping it on?

Bluetooth disarming is for automatically disarming the system from Away mode based on proximity.

If you normally disarm using the app or are ok with disarming on the panel using the code, you can turn it off. Bluetooth disarming is an optional feature.

I do not personally use it on my system.

1 Like