Water?

I just installed a Qolsys 2. I got two of the RE119 water sensors, but have not configured them yet, and have several questions first.

Do I need the gold plan, with “water management” if I am not going to use a solenoid valve? Or will the basic plan work (or will I need Gold anyway for ‘activity monitoring’?).

Also, if I understand right, if I just set it up as a monitored activity sensor, and in the event of a water leak it would SMS my phone (or other contacts). Is there a way for it to be configured to go to the central monitoring station, then they would call by voice phone my contact list in order?

Do I need the gold plan, with “water management” if I am not going to use a solenoid valve? Or will the basic plan work (or will I need Gold anyway for ‘activity monitoring’?).

No, you do not need Water Management. Water Management is only required for the automation valves.

All sensors in all plans can be used for alarm monitoring.

Also, if I understand right, if I just set it up as a monitored activity sensor, and in the event of a water leak it would SMS my phone (or other contacts). Is there a way for it to be configured to go to the central monitoring station, then they would call by voice phone my contact list in order?

This is entirely dependent on how you program the device. To only use it for notification purposes it would need to be sensor group 25. But normally you would use Sensor Group 38 (Water) as an Aux alarm sent to the CS. If you have central station monitoring you would just want to program it as shown in the following video.

Thanks!