Vivint security; what can i keep

Hello,

we recently purchased a house with a vivint security system, with the sky panel, and i was wondering what i can use if i swap the panel. I know the sky panel wont work, and it sounds like the doorbell camera and outside cameras wont work, but what I’m curious about are

• The door chimes
  • Window break sensors
  • Door locks
  • Thermostat
  • lights
  • garage door opener

The plan was to swap the doorbell camera out and the rear patio camera, replace the pad with one that would work with our existing equipment, reprogram the door locks, and then use the automation and camera viewer services from surety to tie it all together.

any help would be appreciated!

Happy to assist.

This post here covers what will/won’t work when switching from the Sky Panel to another panel.

Essentially, the RF sensors (Wireless Door/Window, Glass Break, life safety, motion) would not be compatible as they are proprietary to the Sky Panel.

Home automation devices (Z-Wave) such as the Thermostat, lights, garage opener, locks would be compatible with a new panel. You would want to remove them from programming before adding them to another network.

As you have the Sky Panel, a new panel and 4G LTE cellular module would be necessary in order to obtain service through Surety.

If any of the RF sensors are reusable, I would recommend the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ with 345Mhz radio (QS9201-5208-840). This version of the panel would work with 345Mhz sensors and PowerG sensors.

It is likely that none of the RF sensors are compatible. In this case they would need to be replaced. Should that be the case I would recommend the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ ver. QS9201-1208-840). This version is compatible with S-Line encrypted, 319.5MHz Legacy(GE) sensors, and PowerG sensors. Various packages including that panel, can be found here.

Either panel would be compatible with Z-Wave as well.

I’m having a hard time determining what version of the sensors i have; either the dw10 or dw11; how exactly would you tell?

There is a model number sticker on the back of the sensor casing. If you have a Sky Panel, it is probably a DW11