Video surgeillance

Can you give me a summary of options for indoor and outdoor video surveillance options?
Thanks

For video integrated with your account, you would need Alarm.com Cloud Video service add-on and compatible cameras.

All add-ons can be found at the bottom of this page with pricing. Cloud Video is available in levels, with each level adding support for 4 more cameras and additional uploads/storage.

Compatible Alarm.com cameras are listed here. We directly sell the ADC-V522IR and the ADCV-722W currently.

Recording schedules and rules are then set up when logged into the Alarm.com website. You can choose from various system based triggers, video motion detection, etc., and even select recipients to be notified when clips are recorded. Notifications can be text only, or include thumbnails or even a low res version of the clip.

can you tell me a little more about recording? what is a cloud clip? once something triggers recording, how long does recording continue? where is the recording stored? what is the max length that can be recorded? is continuous 24/7 recording possible, and if so, what is the cost structure, where is it recorded, how long does it record before it writes over, etc?
thanks

what is a cloud clip?

A clip is a single instance of recording.

once something triggers recording, how long does recording continue? where is the recording stored? what is the max length that can be recorded?

Length of recording is dependent on the event type, with system events like alarms being a flat 50-60 second clip (or multiple, you select the maximum time frame to be recorded for alarms, up to 15 minutes) If an alarm occurs and you record 10 minutes, it would be about 10 clips. Note that alarm-triggered clips count toward monthly limits, but they specifically are saved even beyond the monthly limit.

Camera triggered events, like Video Motion Detection, are somewhat configurable with min-max settings but cap out around 35-45 seconds. Pre-trigger recording optionally allows a few seconds of the video stream to be saved with the event.

Saved video resolution and quality settings are selectable for performance, but would typically be maxed.

The recordings are stored in the Cloud (Alarm.com servers) instead of a local storage device.

is continuous 24/7 recording possible, and if so, what is the cost structure, where is it recorded, how long does it record before it writes over, etc?

24/7 recording would require the Alarm.com SVR. Each SVR supports up to 8 cameras with the latest firmware and SVR service is $5/month (each SVR). This is in addition to Alarm.com Cloud Video. Cloud video service is still a base requirement. Cloud Video clips still function normally as well, and events can be pinned on your SVR timeline.

Are there any floodlight-camera units compatible with ADC?

Alarm.com compatible video cameras are listed here.

any floodlight-camera units

I think what you are looking for is a motion detecting floodlight. These are not video cameras, and are not really used as part of an alarm system but just a standalone device. You can find these at your local hardware store.

i was referring to something along these lines, but it seems there is nothing similar that is compatible with ADC?:

also: is video surveillance monitored by central station monitoring?

thanks

Ah. No, there are no similar models compatible with ADC at this time. Please find compatible video cameras here.

I’ve not used one of these before, however note that abrupt lighting changes in surveillance video can lead to some poor capture performance. There are a few other similar models that were released last year I think. Here is a similar concept.

If you try the one you linked, be sure to check with any local regulations regarding outdoor sirens.

is video surveillance monitored by central station monitoring?

No, Alarm.com video is controlled and monitored by the end user. Only your Alarm.com login credentials and other logins you create and give access can view video.

Video Verification options for central station monitoring are being worked on and should be available in the future, but I would not have an ETA at this time.