Very very upset

Smoke detector went off for no reason and monitoring did not follow correct procedures will be sending it cancel request before Friday

Hi Charlie,

Of course we’ll investigate immediately but to help speed things along, can you explain what you expected them to do vs what they did do?

Thanks!

They was suppose to do 2 way voice and then call which is what I had requested to be set up and never did neither

Looking into this a bit further, the 2-way call request was received by central station operators, who then reached out to your panel via 2-way. However the call was either dropped or the operators could not hear anything on your end. I am looking into the call logs now to determine which of the two that was.

After the unsuccessful 2-Way, operators reached out to the Premise Number/ First Contact per special instructions on the account. Unfortunately, the call could not be completed. They attempted to call that number three times unsuccessfully before moving on to dispatch.

Well I know the didn’t reach anyone with 2 way cause mom was home and no one ever came over and then premises number idk they must dialed it wrong cause my phone has been working

Hi Charlie,

We’re investigating why the operator couldn’t hear anything on the 2-way call. We’ll update you as soon as possible on that. Have you ever seen 2-way voice work on your system? Have you triggered an alarm for testing purposes so the monitoring center would connect to 2-way voice?

As for calling your Premise Number (which appears to be a cell phone #), they can’t misdial it. It’s all automated. For whatever reason the call didn’t connect 3 times in a row. We can show you records on this privately if you would like. We can’t share it here because it has your personal info. Would you like to see the records?

Your panel uses Verizon. Do you happen to use Verizon for your cell phone? If so, I wonder if Verizon had an issue at that time that prevented the 2-way voice call from connecting to your panel and your cell phone from being reached?

We’ll keep investigating and let you know what we find. Are there any more questions we can answer about your situation at this time?

2 voice works fine cause my self personaly have talked to them the first time it went off when we first got the system so idk what went wrong but i I’ve I’m in the processs of fixing to where it won’t happy again the cellular service isn’t an issue have always had Verizon cellular communicators for years never had an issue

Good. I still recommend doing a 2-way voice test today as a double check. Call the monitoring center at 855-348-0367 and tell them you want to do a two-way voice test where they connect and talk to you through the control panel. When they’re ready you can intentionally trigger an alarm and wait for them to connect.

I was referring to the potential of Verizon having an intermittent issue. It’s possible their cellular service in your area was spotty for a short time when that occurred. But I’m glad to hear it usually works fine. Is you cell phone on Verizon?

I sent both account cancel request in to both be shut off 8th

Understood. From everything I see it appears that the monitoring center did follow the correct procedures and the entire issue is caused by a problem connecting via cellular to both your control panel and your cell phone. I’ll send you the event history privately.

I’m sorry for the frustrating situation. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we investigate and help troubleshoot the issue for you.

Well that’s fine and dandy but I have already started talking to the new provider and will be starting there service Friday or Saturday

I understand, and you’re free to do so. We make it very easy to leave. I just want to make sure you are aware that this problem was due to cellular connectivity and would have occurred with any Alarm.com provider. We just want to help you, that’s all. Wish you the best.