Verizon LTE sled upgrade GC3

GC3 panel, upgraded module today. Firmware is UTD. I am getting cellular module not detected error after installing new LTE module.
Followed instructions in package-- meaning I removed old sled while powered on, replaced sled, updated IMEI thru surety site. Panel worked great for about 10 minutes. Then I got a “dual path-cellular failure” message. I then did it exactly as spelled out on the website… tried power cycling (removed battery power, disconnected transformer, removed sled, waited a few mins, replaced sled, then plugged battery back in, then transformer. Still not working. Can you take a look and let me know how to proceed–thank you!

edit- did another cell test via “radio status” where the screen indicates I have a “signal strength” 1/6. I then performed a cell test and it “failed” and reports last test as “failed”

Regardless, the whole system is acting pretty wonky now, eg cant send arm/disarm commands from app etc. I did reconnect to wifi after the power cycle and temporarily got some functionality back.

Thanks again for your help

Based on the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, I would recommend making sure your firmware is up to the latest version. Right now it is running 3.2.0 according to your Alarm.com account. Is that correct or did you upgrade it further?

Make sure it is at 3.2.5 using the instructions here, then power down the system fully, transformer first, then battery, for 20 minutes. Then plug in battery, plug in transformer, and allow it to boot up. Run a cell test after a couple minutes. Any luck?

n/m, now detected, and running test. Seems to intermittently stop detecting that there is a cell module

ok, radio test “failed” (kept awaiting CS response), now back to no module detected

I am seeing a lot of successful initialization commands, but near the end the commands started failing. Can you try running another cell test now and let me know what the result is?

ok, testing in progress

sticks on “waiting cs response” then it just goes to “cell module status not detected”

now it went back to the screen where it says test failed

Interestingly it at one point said I have signal strength of 2/6, and now seems to say signal strength is 1/6 (I have verizon cell service and get decent LTE reception in my home)

You may be experiencing a portion of the issue described here. I have noticed many more GC3 related LTE problems during this operations alert, and if this is affected it will require the carrier to fully resolve.

It looks like cell pings are still failing but your panel is communicating normally via wifi.

Yeah, it will intermittently accept commands from the mobile app i am assuming over wifi, but intermittently stops, so we basically don’t have control of the system except from the panel itself

one thing that did seem to help was connecting to my 2.4ghz network rather than the 5ghz (at least in regards to being able to have the system communicate via wifi only)

As of about 15 minutes ago all of the normal initialization commands were processed. The panel shouldn’t have a back log of incoming commands at this time. I would try testing commands again to the system as it should be sending concurrent cell and wifi, and wifi should be as reliable as the local network is.

Yes, you’ll want the panel on 2.4. It does not need the speed of 5Ghz and 5Ghz networks do not have the coverage that 2.4 does generally.

Ok, so what should I do about the cell module? I saw the other thread you referenced. Do you need to un-provision it (or whatever the terminology is) and restart the whole process? Let me know if you have some way to make the system work again.

No, the cellular issue in that thread should be resolved soon without further troubleshooting. The problem referenced there is on the carrier end. Alarm.com is working with Verizon and Verizon is making rolling updates to their network to resolve this from what I’ve been told. Some modules previously affected have had the issue resolved so far.

Click the bell icon on the operation alert thread and watch that thread for notification whenever new updates are posted.

The last troubleshooting step I would try, just in case this is not related, is an extended power down of 10-20 minutes.

Power off the system transformer first, then battery, then wait 20 minutes. Plug in battery, then the transformer. Wait a couple minutes and then try a cell test again.

However I have gotten quite a few GC3 LTE reports lately, which all appear to be affected by this operations alert unfortunately, so it is likely the cause here.

Hey, I still have not been able to resolve this issue. Can we revisit this? Hope to get it working soon.

Hmm, the issue I was referencing above should not be affecting it at this time.

Did you try the extended power down suggested?

Try an extended power-off for at least 10 minutes now. Any luck? Modules that were affected by this issue may need a power cycle to reconnect now that the carrier problem is resolved.

Hey yes I tried the power down

Please try another extended power-off for at least 10 minutes now. Any luck? Modules that were affected by this issue may need a power cycle to reconnect now that the carrier problem is resolved.

If this does not work, you may have a bad module.

It seems to recognize that there is a module, shows 1/6 signal strength, says “not registered”, and fails the radio test , then goes to cell radio module status not detected. I’ve tried re-seating the module.