Upgrading GC3 to IQ Panel 4

I currently have a 2GIG GC3 and I have some questions about potentially upgrading;

Regarding the IQ Panel 4

• can my 2GIG devices be excluded then paired with the IQ Panel 4?
  • do these come with AT&T or Verizon Cellular capabilities?
  • can the IQ Panel 4 be used as a secondary controller with Hubitat?

Lastly, does the Surety Alarm plan come with Central Station monitoring?

can my 2GIG devices be excluded then paired with the IQ Panel 4?

Yes, but not to the panel you linked (the standard 319.5 version).

You would need the 345Mhz version of the IQ Panel 4 found here. Existing 2GIG 345 Mhz sensors can be reused with the new panel. The GC3 secondary keypads and any Image sensors would not work, and need to be replaced if applicable.

do these come with AT&T or Verizon Cellular capabilities?

By default we sell the Verizon model. The AT&T model is available on request, you can just add that in the order notes field when making the purchase.

can the IQ Panel 4 be used as a secondary controller with Hubitat?

This is not officially supported, but to clarify there would be no reason to or benefit if you are using the Surety Alarm plan. There would be no remote automation support, and adding as a secondary controller does not add any features to either controller or to Alarm.com, it just lets two controllers have control of a single list of Z-wave devices.

With Surety Alarm plan, there would be no Z-wave device control.

Lastly, does the Surety Alarm plan come with Central Station monitoring?

Professional monitoring can be enabled or disabled with the Alarm, Home, Protect, and Complete plans.

Thanks for the responses!

This is not officially supported, but to clarify there would be no reason to or benefit if you are using the Surety Alarm plan. There would be no remote automation support, and adding as a secondary controller does not add any features to either controller or to Alarm.com, it just lets two controllers have control of a single list of Z-wave devices.

With Surety Alarm plan, there would be no Z-wave device control.

The goal would be to have motion, smoke, entry devices from the 2GIG hub report their status to Hubitat.

Professional monitoring can be enabled or disabled with the Alarm, Home, Protect, and Complete plans.

Looking at the Surety Alarm plan, it shows “5-diamond professional monitoring” … is this the same as central monitoring. The reason for asking is a discount on home insurance.

The goal would be to have motion, smoke, entry devices from the 2GIG hub report their status to Hubitat.

That would not work. The panel does not share sensor or alarm status via Z-wave.

Looking at the Surety Alarm plan, it shows “5-diamond professional monitoring” … is this the same as central monitoring. The reason for asking is a discount on home insurance.

Yes. You can download an insurance certificate on your subscription page in our website when you have active service.

Thanks, Jason.

If I go with the Surety Alarm plan, what would be the monthly price be with Professional Monitoring?

Surety Alarm is $14 /mo Self Monitor or $19 /mo with 24/7 professional monitoring.

As service is offered on a month to month basis, plans can be altered at any time after account creation.