I purchased an IQ Panel back in 2015 and am now looking to upgrade to an IQ Panel 2. Although the IQ Panel is still working well, my remote IQ2 secondary panel died a couple of years ago and obviously that was discontinued. As I look to change to IQ Panel 2, I did not see the need to go with the IQ Panel 2 plus for the following reasons:
- Didn’t need the extra range of PowerG
- Wanted to keep my Image Sensors on the system and it is my understanding that you need to choose between Image Sensor daughter card or PowerG daughter card
- I didn’t see any compelling sensors offered with PowerG that I can’t get through the Qolsys/ADC product line up
- S-line encryption seems to be “good enough” – as in it brings a level of encryption to the system that was not available previously even though PowerG has a better encryption technology
- I built my current system on the legacy 319.5 MHz Qolsys frequency band, so don’t need the extra compatibility offered by 2 Plus
A few questions as I look to upgrade to the IQ Panel 2 Classic Kit (QK9201-AD0C-840 Verizon LTE) and associate IQ Panel Remote (QW9104-840)
- Other than PowerG and the ability to have compatibility with other alarm ecosystems (e.g. 345 MHz, 433 MHz), is there a disadvantage to using the IQ Panel 2 set up vs. IQ Panel 2 Plus?
- I see that the IQ Panel 2 Classic Kit is now discontinued. Is the hardware different compared to the newer IQ Panel 2 Plus? I assume that both are using the Snapdragon SOC chip? Any concern about going with this discontinued panel or is the IQ Panel 2 Plus just the IQ Panel 2 with PowerG module and everything else is the same?
- When converting from IQ Panel to IQ Panel 2, is there any easy way to transfer all of the sensors and Z-wave devices or do you need to take each sensor and pair with the IQ Panel 2 all over again?
- With regard to Image Sensors, is the new IQ Panel 2 compatible with my original Image Sensors (QS-8100-P01 | SKU SC1913)? I realize I need to buy the Image Sensor daughter card for any image sensors to work with IQ Panel 2.