Upgrading alarm

I am considering moving my old wired alarm panel to surety with a Qolsys IQ Panel 4 but have a few questions…

1. am i right in saying i add the 16 pin small enclosure hardwire converter to where my current alarm wire central hub is, add the backup battery, then add the new iq panel downstairs. the two then talk via wireless comms?

2. does the panel use verizon or ATT from Surety? I am assuming that they set that up as part of the plan?

3. Can i add a second panel for upstairs, and if so, which panel is that, or is it just another identical iq panel 4?

4. Does the back up battery fit in the 16 zone enclosure, if not how do people normally store it near the unit?

thanks!

am i right in saying i add the 16 pin small enclosure hardwire converter to where my current alarm wire central hub is, add the backup battery, then add the new iq panel downstairs. the two then talk via wireless comms?

Correct.

does the panel use verizon or ATT from Surety? I am assuming that they set that up as part of the plan?

Panels are available with either carrier. By default we sell Verizon models. AT&T is available on request.

Cellular service is included in the plan pricing. Separate service is not required.

Can i add a second panel for upstairs, and if so, which panel is that, or is it just another identical iq panel 4?

The IQ Remote is a secondary keypad for the panel. PowerG options are also available below:

PowerG WS9LCDWF9
PowerG HS2LCDWF9
PowerG HS2LCDWF9ENGN
PowerG KP141
PowerG KP241

You cannot use two main IQ Panel 4s in the same system.

Does the back up battery fit in the 16 zone enclosure, if not how do people normally store it near the unit?

It does in the large enclosure version here.

Thank you - i went with the large enclosure, iq panel 4, add-on panel… wish me luck and thank you very much for the assistance!