Upgrade time?

I’ve had my Go!Control panel since… uh, 2014? Surety has been great and I want to stick around. My panel needs a 4G module, a new battery, and I think my Go!Bridge just died… maybe it’s time for an upgrade?

I have quite a few items attached - locks, lights, smoke & CO2 detectors, garage, thermostats, energy sensor, irrigation… how much will I have to replace?

What is the best I can get and is there anything new coming I should wait for?

Thanks again!

There are a few options open to you, and you wouldn’t need to replace anything, unless you are using any 2GIG Image Sensors or the TS1 secondary panel (more on that below)

• Stick with the GC2 and upgrade to the 4G LTE module.

• The Go!Bridge has been discontinued with no replacement.
  • Switch to the 2GIG GC3e Series panel.

• It uses legacy and encrypted 345MHz wireless sensors.
    • Natively Dual Path capable
    • Can backup/restore existing Sensor Programming and push it to panel through ADC.
    • you will need a 4G LTE cell sled as well
    • Does not work with the TS1. There are two secondary panels, the SP1 and SP2 but those are discontinued with no replacement.
  • Switch to the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ w/ 345MHz radio QS9201-5208-840

• Built in Wi-Fi and 4G LTE
    • Works with legacy 345MHz sensors and DSC brand PowerG encrypted sensors
    • Z-Wave Plus radio card
    • Does not work with TS1 or 2GIG Image Sensors. IQ Remote is touchscreen secondary option.
    • Would need to reprogram sensors and Z-Wave manually when switching.
    • If interested, this panel is available here. (with no service subscription).

The only panel in the works that is compatible with existing 345MHz sensors is the 2GIG Edge alarm panel, but they have not really released a whole lot of information on it yet, so I could not really compare it. I do know that it will have a built in 4G LTE module and come in AT&T and Verizon flavors.

Do you think it’s worth waiting to find out more about the 2Gig Edge device? What is the timeline like on that?

I don’t want to switch platforms to something that is already long in the tooth, but I also don’t want something super bleeding Edge with a bunch of bugs.

Which devices do I have that are 345 MHz and is there benefits in replacing those devices with another standard when they die?

Do you think it’s worth waiting to find out more about the 2Gig Edge device? What is the timeline like on that?

I couldn’t answer that as there isn’t a ton of information about it. It should be released soon, but there is no ETA. From what I can gather, it seems similar to the Qolsys brand IQ Panel 2+ without the PowerG integration but without more information, that’s just conjecture on my part.

Which devices do I have that are 345 MHz and is there benefits in replacing those devices with another standard when they die?

Any wireless sensors connected to a 2GIG panel would be communicating across the 345Mhz spectrum, so door/window contacts, Motions, Glass Breaks, Fire and Carbon detectors, etc.

legacy 345MHz sensors aren’t encrypted, so if they die you could replace them with an encrypted sensor if that is a concern. The 2GIG Go!Control is not compatible with encrypted sensors, so this would only be an option if you switched panels.

Little confused. If I have a GC2 with sensors and Z wave, I thought my existing sensors and would work with the ICQ2? The quote above confuses me a bit

Also is the ICQ2 easier to program than the GC2?

Yes ur current 2gig sensors will work with iq panel 2 plus 345 panel and yes the iq panel is a lot easier to program when u turn it in the first it will actually walk you through set up

Little confused. If I have a GC2 with sensors and Z wave, I thought my existing sensors and would work with the ICQ2? The quote above confuses me a bit

Just above the quote you mention he discusses the IQ Panel option. You can find the 345 Mhz IQ Panel 2+ here.

The 345Mhz IQ Panel 2+ will be compatible with 345 Mhz 2GIG sensors, but 900Mhz devices like TS1s and Image Sensors would not work.

This specific quote is referencing in-development panels he is aware of.