Upgrade from 2gig GC2 to Qolsys IQ panel 2

I am thinking of upgrading from the 2gig GC2 to the Qolsys 345 mhm compatible panel.

Does anyone know if the firefighter 345 mhz module and the 2gig FT6-345 water sensors will work with this panel? I know all my door sensors and motion sensors will work.

Is this panel for sale through suretydiy with the 6 month promotion?

We do actually offer the 345Mhz version here as an upgrade option for 2GIG Surety users, but that could be extended to you if you are specifically looking for that model.

Just buy that model and purchase a subscription and your payment date will be adjusted to include the 6-month service trial.

Updated: Panel price was reduced significantly and 6 month trial was changed to 1 month.

The FF345 and FT6-345 are not on the Qolsys officially supported sensors list, though most 345 Mhz sensors should work fine as long as they are not multifunction. We cannot guarantee functionality though for anything not on the official list. (Currently they say only loop 2 works on DW10, for example)

Hi. I’m considering upgrading too. I only have the 2GiG panel and the glass break sensor that came with it. Everything else is hardwired or commercial Zwave products. should i get the the 345mhz or just get the regular IQ panel and a new glass break? Is the discount only for NEW customers?

This would largely be subjective, but if you are only replacing one wireless sensor and the hardwire takeover module, it may be better to go with the standard 319.5 mhz version to have access to encrypted wireless sensor transmissions from the Hardwire 16S and a S-Line glass break.

I believe you are referencing the 6 month trial included with the purchase of a new IQ Panel? This trial period can currently be extended to existing users as well. If you already have a service subscription with Surety, you can buy the panel here and reference this thread in your order notes. Up to a $25 credit will be applied to your next 6 months (equivalent to the Surety Home service plan and Monitoring).

Updated: Panel price was reduced significantly and 6 month trial was changed to 1 month.

If you have additional add-ons they would still incur monthly charges during this time.

I’m thinking of adding a 2GIG FT6-345 to my IQ Panel 2+ 345 MHz compatible. Jason told me the same as he told you – it should work – but also no guarantee since it’s not on the Qolsys compatible sensor list. Would you mind saying whether you found those to work well together in your experience?

Thanks much!

Hi–

Also considering the 2GIG FT6-345 here. Did you try it? Did it work?

Haven’t been able to test it myself and its still not listed as tested compatible by Qolsys. I have reached out to them to see if it does/does not work officially and I will follow up when I have more information.

Edit: Device is not listed as compatible from Qolsys officially.