Unable to remotely control S2 Z-Wave devices after IQ Panel update

I let my IQ Panel run a firmware update to version 4.1.1 from 4.0.1. Since installing this update I am no longer able to remotely control any S2 Z-Wave devices. All of these devices were working perfectly before the update but now only my S0 device and any S2 capable device I re-add without S2 work. None of my Z-Wave devices are battery powered.

Using the panel or the Alarm.com app/website to toggle lights, lock/unlock doors, or adjust the thermostat temperature has no effect, even after 30+ minutes. In addition, the state of lights and locks are not updated on the panel or Alarm.com. Local changes to the thermostats do sometimes appear on the panel after a significant delay.

Physically operating all the devices still works fine along with previously existing Z-Wave associations but I am unable to make any changes to them.

I have tried the following actions with no success:

• Power down the panel, unplug it, and remove the battery for 4 hours along with powering down the circuit breaker for the S2 devices.
  • Clear a device and re-add it.

I have also checked the following diagnostics on the panel:

• Settings > Advanced Settings > System Tests > Daughter Cards Test > Z-Wave = Pass
  • Settings > Advanced Settings > System Tests > Z-Wave Tests > Rediscover Network = all nodes successfully rediscovered
  • Settings > Advanced Settings > System Tests > Z-Wave Tests > Counters = seems normal. Almost all “Acked commands no auto route” with 0 or single digit fail counts.
  • Settings > Advanced Settings > System Tests > Z-Wave Tests > Z-Wave Test = Pass for every device I run it on
  • Settings > Advanced Settings > System Tests > Z-Wave Tests > Neighbor Info = viewable for every device I try
  • Settings > Advanced Settings > System Tests > Z-Wave Tests > Advanced Z-Wave Diagnostics > Network Health Test = Transmission Count: 1, Packet Error Count: 0, Route Changes: 1, Sum of Transmission Times: 15ms. I also frequently get 0 for Transmission Count and Transmission Times.
  • Settings > Advanced Settings > System Tests > Z-Wave Tests > Z-Wave Diagnostics = all light or dark green. I can provide a picture of this screen if that would be helpful.

Removing all devices and rebuilding the network from the ground up appears to have restored functionality. Is it expected to have to do this after a panel firmware upgrade?

Glad to hear you were able to resolve it, unfortunate that it required a full reinstall of the Z-wave network.

There was an older upgrade on the IQ Panel 2+ that could require a rebuild of the Z-wave network, but I am not aware of this on the IQ Panel 4 as any common issue.

I believe I have heard another similar case where S2 devices failed, but I believe that was a different panel type and firmware. It may be a general rare issue.