Unable to download a clip from SVR

For some reason, I keep getting an error when I try to download a clip on a selected timeline from the SVR (ADC-CSVR126, 16CH, 2TB)

There are options of downloading 1-minute and up to 5-minute clips. I am able to download 1 and 2-minute clips, but failed attempts on 3-5 minutes clips.

My work around is to use Quicktime to do a screen recording but I loose the original quality of the video.

Please help – there have been car robberies in my neighborhood the other night and I need to grab clips to be able to share them with the authorities.

If the feature times out when requesting 3-5 minutes, Alarm.com recommends download in smaller increments. I am looking for a workaround for this.

If using the CSVR126 you can also export video direcly from the CSVR126 interface.

Are you downloading the file directly to your computer from the ADC interface?
Is this on one camera specifically (if so which one) or all cameras?

Thanks for the reply Tyler. I was using the Surety/Alarm.com interface to download the clip to my computer. I’ve tried it all in all cameras.

ADC suggests that the file size may be too large or the connection is too slow for those longer videos.

To confirm, are you able to download multiple, smaller videos? (instead of one 4-minute clip, grab two, 2-minute clips).

I have a feeling it’s not the internet connection but it’s rather the file size, but I’m not sure why. I on a gigabit speed which falls on ~600-800mpbs. If I can download 1 or 2 minute clips, I should be able to do download the other intervals. Plus a 2-minute clip is only ~100mb. I’m not trying to download a Spiderman movie. I was wondering if it’s a bug with the 3-5 minute intervals – like maybe the download request is timing out for some reason. :man_shrugging:

Also, I can download multiple 2-minute videos but it’s kinda annoying.

Its possible that it is a bug, but I am unable to confirm that. There is no information on ADCs end that suggests its a known issue. Ill follow up here if I am able to confirm that it is a bug.

I am also experiencing this issue. I can download clips from the SVR only if they are 2 minutes or shorter. Any of the longer options causes the same error message.

I’ve reached out to ADC to see if there have been other reports or if there are any specific suggestions other than an issue with file size and download. What browsers have you tried?

It looks like you have the CSVR126. Are you able to get longer clips via the CSVR126 interface?

Firefox and Chrome.

Yes, I can export 1 hour long clips via the CSVR126’s local interface.

Thank you, can you also confirm your upload/download speed so I can let ADC know ? They will likely ask.

I have symmetrical gigabit fiber.

For the record I am seeing this issue on 5 min clips from ADC-CSVR126-16CH via the ADC website. I need to try from the local device next but I need an HDMI monitor. I have to get video of a stranger on my porch.

For the record I am seeing this issue on 5 min clips from ADC-CSVR126-16CH via the ADC website

Any other clip length seeing the same issue or just 5?

Tested 30 seconds it worked but took about 5 mins to start downloading. I can test the other increments as well, but even 30 seconds was SLOWWWWW to process. Feels like an ADC side issue.

The SVR does have a valid Port forwarding rule, watching playback is fine just not downloading clips. Every time I need to get the clip locally from the unit but that’s not always great if I am not home. It’s a bummer the iOS app doesn’t allow download from the SVR as a test too.