Two way voice GC3

Thank you, Jason. Glad its not just mine. I will stand by on this. Have a great day!

I tested directly with Alarm.com to very similar results.

One call resulted in successful communication, and a multitude of calls where they could hear me but it seems the speaker did not engage along with the mic and I could hear nothing they said.

We’ll be doing continued testing and communicating with 2GIG and ADC for resolution. We’ll need to track down likely causes. If anyone else notices a similar problem, please let us know here.

Update 2 way voice is still not functional via suretycam I am contacting other providers to see if they are having similar issues , this u s unacceptable being 2 way voice in a true emergency can insure a priority 1 dispatch as riven has mentioned in several posts , most people hate it don’t care for it but I believe in it and it is essential to my alarm. I’m very upset as I have tested several times and operator tasha has confirmed with me on 2 alarms she heard beeps but could not connect , a male operator said he could hear me but couldn’t speak??? Is this new GC3 panel designed to operate like sonitrol which uses audio verification for alarms , with a #1 apprehension rate??? What is going on here ? Is this a central station issue , alarm.com , or. Simply a panel issue , I am contemplating switching back to my GC2 panel as it worked as it should , very disappointed, please get this issue resolved asap guys , it is important, another issue my 4 zwave overspending sirens do not function on any a alarm, only my linear siren activates , what’s going on with this another bug? This needs to be addressed immediately
Thank you guys ???

Ps , sorry it’s the everspring sirens !! Sorry for the typo,but another note the linear z wave siren appears to reactivate upon disarming the alarm , which is another issue, why don’t my everspring Lowe’s sirens activate/sound as. They previously did on the GC2 panel? Bug issues etc ??? Need to know
Thanks guys

What is going on here ? Is this a central station issue , alarm.com , or. Simply a panel issue

As stated above we were testing directly with Alarm.com, ruling out the central station.

It seems as though the speaker is failing to turn on when the mic does, but it may not be that simple. As a new product, certain issues are likely to be found and will be addressed by firmware. It may also be related to the carrier. We will be testing with multiple panels and modules to rule out problems.

please get this issue resolved asap guys

We are working with the manufacturer and Alarm.com to discover possible causes so that the manufacturer can resolve.

We’ll be doing continued testing and communicating with 2GIG and ADC for resolution. We’ll need to track down likely causes. If anyone else notices a similar problem, please let us know here.
why don’t my everspring Lowe’s sirens activate/sound as. They previously did on the GC2 panel? Bug issues etc ???? Need to know

Not all Z-wave devices are compatible from the get go. This is identical to the releases of any other panel. Compatibility needs to be addressed by firmware updates.

That said, 2GIG reps stated that they expected Everspring sirens to work (any Z-wave siren compatible with GC2) so this is likely something new to report. It may also require setting up a device association in your Smarthome Settings.

From the Home screen:

System Settings - Installer Code - Smart Home Settings - Device Association. Press “Manage” next the GC3 Panel entry and scroll down to “Group 6: Alarm” Edit group and add your everspring sirens. Then test an alarm.

If this turns out to be a hardware issue (although it sounds more like firmware since the speaker works normally all other times) will 2gig recall and replace as necessary?

Thanks for working on this issue!

-David

If this turns out to be a hardware issue (although it sounds more like firmware since the speaker works normally all other times) will 2gig recall and replace as necessary?

I couldn’t speak for the manufacturer and wouldn’t want to make too many guesses yet. We are continuing to test and update 2GIG and Alarm.com.

It almost certainly isn’t a hardware issue though, as you suggest.

I’m personally leaning toward an issue with the carrier/back end/module interaction. That is my suspicion anyway. When we know concrete details we will update here. We are scheduled to be doing a lot more testing with ADC reps Monday with a variety of scenarios to weed out the problem.

Thank you for looking into this with such urgency. Really appreciate that!

I thank u guys for all your hard work , I will use the device association instructions you gave me

Again I would like to thank you for all you do!!

Let us know if the association makes a difference. I’ve been testing some of the other association options which seem to work well, but I do not have an everspring here to test. (The Fortrezz seems to work well though)

Hey guys just an FYI, I have contacted other providers ex. Locknalarm, link interactive , they all claim 2 way voice is working perfectly in their gc3 panels, it now sounds like a Central station issue , I know locknalarm had to switch central stations because of it, their old station had hardware issues please keep me advised on how suretycam plans to correct this , or sadly I will be cancelling my account

Thanks guys

As stated above we were testing directly with Alarm.com, ruling out the central station.

It seems as though the speaker is failing to turn on when the mic does, but it may not be that simple. As a new product, certain issues are likely to be found and will be addressed by firmware. It may also be related to the carrier. We will be testing with multiple panels and modules to rule out problems.

It’s a difficult issue, I know, but we have tested directly with Alarm.com (the Central Station was in no way contacted during the tests) and the same issue occurred. The good news is it limits what could be wrong, but it does make it more confusing.

We are still investigating with ADC to determine what on the back-end could be causing this. We should have more updates today or tomorrow.

Jason, thank you for the update!

Thank you , hopefully gets resolved soon ,
Thank you for update

Any word yet, or update on situation?
Thank you

Yes, somewhat. In more testing it looks like it has nothing to physically do with the GC3, but may be a software related issue. We need to do further testing today, but it is affecting the quality of the voice connection and making it difficult to initially connect. I’ll be confirming the issue on the operator end of the call today.

The good news is this has been escalated quickly at ADC.

Just an FYI, I had another accidental false alarm tonight, the operator/dispatcher was able to come over panel, but after saying hello central station hello etc several times , she thought I couldn’t hear her , do I guess she didn’t respond , I don’t know , but what I do know us it took longer for an operator to come over panel , not as long as Vivint , trust me lol , but with the gc2 it was within 15 seconds ??? I literally had time to rush upstairs try to find my cell phone , then heard a voice on panel ? Total response time a minute or so , but why soo much slower than GC2 , my guess is operator was trying to get a connection , finally did , but then it disconnected? I’m not sure, I know u guys have been testing with ADC, etc , which is awesome they are escalating etc, what really is troublesome to me , why aren’t other dealers/providers providing complaints issues with AAV on the GC3 , they all claim it’s working perfectly ? Is this really true ? According to Buy2gig.com ADC is fully compatible with 2 way voice on The GC3, they have had no complaints or issues , but I guessing 2 way voice is a thing of the past , perhaps their customers just don’t care for it or like it, I hope this can get fixed and resolved ASAP , this could be an awesome panel, but currently is lacking a life saving feature , please follow up

thanks guys

why aren’t other dealers/providers providing complaints issues with AAV on the GC3 , they all claim it’s working perfectly ?

We communicate with manufacturers and Alarm.com on these issues directly, so I could not tell you about other dealers.

The GC3 is not very prevalent yet, it was only released a couple months ago.

why soo much slower than GC2 , my guess is operator was trying to get a connection , finally did , but then it disconnected?

Call length itself for two way voice starts a few seconds after alarm and the total length was 52 seconds for this event. We are seeing some spotty connections simply communicating with ADC where words cut out so there is most certainly an issue to resolve.

Still testing and reporting results to ADC. It is ISC West this week, so things are a little slower. I’m continuing to test and work with ADC and CS though, so I may have more info later.

I forgot it’s ISC week , exciting things to come thank you for continuing to work on this issue ???

Without deviating too much here, here is a link to some news from ISC West.