Two way communication not working

My two way comms on my IQ panel is not working, I called and had them put the panel in test mode and armed and triggered the alarm and the central station couldn’t speak to me through the panel. I am also getting the message popping up on my phone saying " can’t connect to IQ-Panel" .

need some help.

There is an intermittent issue occurring which appears to cause failure in connection to the two way voice call if the system is very quickly disarmed. Can you try testing again, but allow the system to remain in alarm for about a minute? The Two Way Call should definitely be answered prior to that time.

Does the two way voice work as expected when the system remains in alarm?

That connection message in the app means that the App was unable to get a response quickly from the panel for a status request. It doesn’t necessarily point to any issue, it could just be a temporary hiccup in either your phone cell connection or wifi or the panel wifi/cell latency. In fact I don’t see any signaling issues on your account at all at the moment. Are you still having any issue with commands?

We, meaning the central station and I tried twice and the alarm was sounding long enough for it to stop the sirens and start them again.

Digging into the history in Alarm.com and looking at the timestamps you are right, there is no question there was enough time there. That actually helps us identify potential causes.

Would you mind trying another test of two way voice whenever available? Test it in the same manner, any difference? I would like to compare things like signal strength of the panel across the tests.

Ok, so I did as you asked and the two way voice worked just fine, but… I discovered that one of my motion sensors is not working, I literally stood and waved in front of it and nothing , I walked to the other motion sensor to trigger the alarm. any ideas ? I also got the same little popup on my phone once i set the alarm to away.

Did you walk past the motion before trying to trip it? Motions have a delay period of 3 minutes after activation before triggering again, this is a battery save feature.

Hmm, yes I would have had to to get to the panel prior to the test.

That is likely what you are seeing but you may want to test to verify. Dont pass through its field of vision for a few minutes, then walk by to trigger the sensor. Does it activate?

If doing this while armed make sure your system is on test mode with central station to avoid a false alarm.

Is there a way to do it while unarmed?

Yes, activity is shown at the panel. Depending on your local settings, there may not be a voice announcement when triggering it.