Transformer and Power Supply Size

Setup is going to be transformer to Honeywell HPL624 power supply. The power supply is will be connected to a 2Gig takeover module, 4 PIR sensors, and 2 2Gig TS-1 keypads. It will also charge a battery.

What size transformer do I need to power this setup? What size power supply do I need?

I would prefer to keep it this way rather than power each TS-1 at its location because of wiring restrictions.

Main 2gig panel is on its own transformer.

Thanks in advance.

The power supply is will be connected to a 2Gig takeover module, 4 PIR sensors, and 2 2Gig TS-1 keypads. It will also charge a battery.

Each 2GIG-TS1 requires a 14V 1700mA power supply (same as main CP)

It looks like:

PIR: 10 mA x 4
TS1: 1700 mA x2
Battery: 500 mA
Takeover Module: 50mA

= 3990 + 20% buffer = 4788 mA or 4.8 amps

Any suggestions on power supply and transformer combinations?

Unless you have deep pockets to replace the TS1’s when you blow them up, I suggest you use the power transformer adapters that come with them and not try to run all your stuff off a single power supply.

The TS1’s must be run off 14V DC

Thanks for your suggestion but I’m trying to find alternate solutions. I’ve read other places the OEM transformers are 14V to compensate for voltage drops b/c the panels start to act odd if they receive less than 12V.

Given a properly sized transformer and power supply, is there anything that would cause them to “blow up?”

If your equipment would still be under a warranty of any kind I would recommend strongly against using a non-standard power supply, as this voids your warranty.

In general I would not recommend trying this.

I received update about some additional info. The HPL624 used to be sold as replacement for existing old alarm panels to power existing hardwired sensors (like motion detectors, glass breaks, etc.) as well as the Take-345 takeover module. It is not intended to power TS1s or GC2, Go Control because it is likely producing the lower limit of voltage for the panels.

You can use existing keypad wiring to connect to the plug in power supplies for the TS1 and GC and use an UPS or power strip for more receptacles in a central location (where the HPL624 is located).