Thermostat

Is there a 2GIG compatible zwave thermostat that can be programmed to switch between heat and cool automatically?

The thermostat offered on our DIY store (found here: https://suretyhome.com/product/2gig-z-wave-remote-controllable-thermostat/ ) has an “Auto” setting for both fan and Heat/Cool mode, which means the thermostat will automatically switch from heat to cool depending on the target temperature range for the two modes. This is without manipulating any additional features through Alarm.com.

I have 4 of these thermostat (2 in my home and 2 in my business) and recently converted to IQ2+ panels and Surety at both locations. Within the alarm.com app, one of the thermostats no longer allows for selecting auto mode (just heat, cool and off). Of course the thermostat itself still allows for selecting auto mode, just not the alarm.com app. I must have messed up the settings. Please help.

Happy to help look into that thermostat. What is the name of the thermostat that you are referencing?

Hi Jason… the one you linked to in the 2nd post. Please see the attached pics.

Work thermostat:

Screenshot of work alarm.com thermostat setting:

Screenshot of home alarm.com thermostat setting:

And if I manually change the work thermostat to auto mode as such…

… then the thermometer setting on the alarm.com app automatically changes to “Heat” despite the thermometer still saying it’s in “autoCOOL” mode. Strange

I see, this is a special situation. Technically based on the established Alarm.com policy in 2018, the CT100 is no longer supported and on new Alarm.com accounts it was not controllable for a long time.

They have actually re-enabled it for use, so you will see it in your account and can use the CT100, but they still cannot fully support it and recommend different models. It was one of three thermostats that they discontinued support for in 2018.

I cannot guarantee functionality, but one thing that seems to be different between the two accounts is the firmware version of the panel. It seems both thermostats on one panel show no Auto mode selection in Alarm.com, but both on the other panel do.

You could try updating the firmware on both panels to the latest (2.5.5) and see if there is any change.

1 Like

Do you know where I can access the latest firmware update for the CT100?

As far as I am aware the CT100 firmware itself is not upgradeable. The firmware I was referencing is for the IQ Panel 2+.

1 Like