The Next Level

Can you please sync my adc account again. thank you

We’ve requested an updated equipment list. Looks like a number of devices have populated.

From here, all the secure devices (door locks and garage door opener) have problems communicating with adc but the unsecure devices (lights and thermostats) work fine. I was wondering if there was anything you can see on your end to assist? Or any experience you have had that could help?

Unfortunately this may just be a result of the integration being attempted. Controller hubs are not all the same when it comes to third party controller interactions. If you are having trouble specifically with devices requiring secure command transfer, the Primary controller may not be successfully transferring the data to the GC3.

I am only seeing lights and thermostats after the equipment request. Do you currently have locks and garage in the GC3?

Was the GC3 paired to the primary controller within 6 feet of that controller?

After several unsuccessful attempts to control the secure devices through adc, I just added the gc3 before adding the door locks and garage door. I will control them through Home Assistant. Yes, the gc3 was paired to Home Assistant within probably 2 feet.

Yesterday, when adding the door locks after adding the gc3, I did not have the home assistant controller within 6 feet of two of the locks when I paired them. They would not function. I later had to remove them and add them again with the home assistant controller close to the locks to get them to work. To me, this is an indication that they successfully paired as a secure device.

There are settings available in Home Assistant that I haven’t quite figured out yet. It very likely could be user error on my part but there aren’t many people with a setup like mine to bounce things off.

Thank you for the resync.

I am open to any suggestions but I am fairly sure it has something to do with the way home assistant does secure nodes vs the way the gc3/adc does secure nodes.

I later had to remove them and add them again with the home assistant controller close to the locks to get them to work. To me, this is an indication that they successfully paired as a secure device.

Yes, the locks would be successfully learned into the primary controller, but the issue here is sharing that info with the GC3 as a secondary controller.

I am fairly sure it has something to do with the way home assistant does secure nodes vs the way the gc3/adc does secure nodes.

That’s basically what I am assuming. The issue is in the communication between the home assistant software and the GC3 Z-wave radio. It could be something resolvable in software, but without any documentation or manufacturer support it is just trial and error to test.

Some controllers have options in node programming to push node information to secondary controllers. If that is possible you might try it on your current software.

Can you please re-sync my system. Thank you

We’ve requested an updated equipment list. Looks like a number of devices have populated.