Temperature Sensor Loses Association

Jason, I just glanced at the website and here are screenshots of what I saw on that card.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 1.26.48 PM

The thermostat was showing 78 on its display.

I interpret this to mean that it is still averaging (it shouldn’t be) the temps or the thermostat would read the 80 degrees shown as its temp on the website?

Thanks, yeah I just looked at it as well and that suggests it is still averaging right now.

I’m sending this info to ADC and checking for any specific troubleshooting or known issues.

If you remove the temp sensor averaging from one of the normal schedule periods (home, away, or sleep) does it turn off averaging during that time?

I don’t know, let’s try…I just removed it from the “home” schedule so that should kick in later this afternoon.

I didn’t get a chance to look at this yesterday, but I just looked at the ADC site and grabbed these from the upstairs thermostat.

It appears to me that the averaging is still happening with the “home” schedule even though the temp sensor was deselected from that the other day. The temp is set to 79, the thermostat indicates 79, the temp sensor indicates 77, but the inside temp says 78. The switch from the custom to the home schedules happened about an hour ago, so plenty of time for things to settle at the new settings.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 6.29.38 PM

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 6.29.52 PM

Thank you for the confirmation and additional evidence. I’m adding this to the ticket with ADC and will provide any additional recommended troubleshooting.

I think they may recommend relearning that thermostat, especially if the same issue is not affecting other tstats.

Well, only one other thermostat has a temp sensor associated, and none of its schedules attempt to leave the temp sensor out of the selection so you have a sample size of one. The third thermostat doesn’t have a temp sensor attached, although I’d like to buy one but last I checked you were out?

The older remote temp sensor model was discontinued, the current model is the S40T. That could be used, however we do not have that in stock for sale currently. It could be sourced from other vendors.

Yeah, no worries we’re trying to recreate with ADC to see if it is potentially a wider issue or account specific.

Jason, just checking in to see if you’d heard anything about this by chance?

Nothing definitely confirmed, but I’ve followed up and they are recommending to unpair the temperature sensor from the thermostat in the thermostat card and only having it selected within the Upstairs Thermostat schedule as a test to determine if that changes the behavior you are seeing.

To unpair a temperature sensor from a smart thermostat using the website:
1. Log into the Alarm.com website.
2. In the Thermostat card, click remote-temperature icon.
3. In Sensors, click to unselect the temperature sensor.

I would then power cycle the thermostat and resave the schedule. Any change in behavior?

Sorry for the delay replying. I completed the steps above and will keep an eye on things in the next day.

The temp sensor does indicate that it’s currently unpaired from the thermostat and only referenced in the schedule times when I want it to be so we’ll see how it goes.

OK, well, the jury is in and that didn’t work. This morning, when the schedule switched over to the custom time period, the temp sensor stayed associated with the thermostat and is indicated as such on the main thermostat card again.

Back to zero.

Thank you for testing, I am following up with ADC to let them know the result and push for investigation.