T40K Dehumidifier Control

Yeah the temperature set point changes from 72 to 76.

After monitoring the thermostat through multiple scheduled and manual changes over the weekend I have observed that everything works correctly as long as the difference between the current temperature and the set point is less than the differential. This means I must set the differential to at least 5 to ensure the dehumidifier continues running after my scheduled set back.

This limitation applied consistently with both scheduled and manual temperature changes over the last four days so I must’ve been mistaken in my earlier assertion that manual changes were unaffected.

I have not seen this behavior again so I think we’ll have to write it off as a fluke.

Alright, thank you, I don’t believe that is intended, I am updating ADC with the results of your testing. Thank you for following up!

I been using dehumidifier on the same thermostat for about a year. Its more setting issue then a bug. Feature was design to overcool and dehumidify with your AC system and you are using external dehumidifier. There use to be explanation in ADC knowledge base and is no longer there but you have to make sure that your “humidity differential” is set to 10.

That will take care of the issue. rule works correctly if you have that set and you can see that z1 or z2 has a wire connected so thermostat knows that you are using external device.

Hope this completely answers your question.