System Enhancement Module LED L1 Flashes 7 Times

We installed the SEM today but it doesn’t seem to be interfacing with the Vista 20p system properly. LED 1 flashes red 7 times. Is there a way to reinitialize the SEM?

Happy to assist!

You will want to check the wiring between the Vista and the SEM as the L1 LED flashing 7 times indicates that the SEM is unable to access panel programming. To better assist, please post a picture of the wiring here.

A diagram of the wiring from the manual can be found here.

You will also want to confirm the current installer code to make sure it is correct. You can send us that code via the Secure Message Tool. For security reasons, please do not post the code here on the forum.

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.
I sent the installer code via secure message.
I will send you a picture of the wiring later when I am at the house. It seems to match the wiring diagram in your link. Since the LEDs work I assume the ground and 12v leads are fine. The yellow and green leads match the diagram as well as the colored wires from the wired zone expander.

Thank you, yes records indicate that the installer code matches what was used initially. When able, please post a picture of wiring to confirm.

When the panel was wired to the SEM initially and then powered up, were you able to confirm that the SEM performed the Zone Scan at the panel?

To clarify, while the wire coloration is a good indicator, its important to check that the wire goes from the correct SEM terminal to the corresponding terminal on the VISTA panel.

Please be sure to post a photo with connections at both ends. You will also want to check to make sure that the wiring is not shorted at the terminals or throughout the wire.

I don’t think it completed a zone scan on the initial start up. The zone expander wiring got loose during the SEM install and was giving a zone fault on the initial SEM boot. I have cleared that up now but now the SEM gives this error.

Understood. I have checked it a few times but will check it again.
Should I do a full power cycle?
Can you see the SEM on the LTE network?

The zone expander wiring got loose during the SEM install and was giving a zone fault on the initial SEM boot. I have cleared that up now but now the SEM gives this error.

When you noticed that the wiring was incorrect, did you fully power down the system before fixing the wiring, transformer first, then battery?

Can you see the SEM on the LTE network?
I can see the SEM on the backend and commands to ping the module have been successful.

Yes, the system was fully powered down, but not sure if I removed the battery first or the transformer first.

Hi, please see the attached photos

I’m not seeing an issue with wiring at this time from what I can tell, but if the panel power was disconnected during initial command transfer you might see related problems.

Can you confirm whether the temporary Master Code set by ADC is currently or was successfully set on the panel? This would be found in your Welcome email.

Can you try a full power cycle at this time? Leave it powered down for two full minutes.

Does that initiate a zone scan upon boot up?

Strange…I just changed the installer code to something else and then it did a full zone scan! And the system appears on the ADC portal.

I waited a few minutes and changed the installer code back, but it did not do a full scan this time. Do I need to reboot it again? (I assume it wouldn’t be able to write the fields properly when the installer code was changed to something else)

Sorry I didn’t see this post. Let me try another system power cycle.

Hi,
After changing the installer code back and doing a full power cycle, the system seems to be fully functional. Thank you for your help!

After changing the installer code back and doing a full power cycle, the system seems to be fully functional. Thank you for your help!

Thank you for following up. Glad to hear it is resolved for you! Alarm.com is reporting that the temporary Master Code failed to sync, but you should be able to just change that now locally with the Installer Code. That should sync with the ADC back-end now that panel communication is up.

Is it synced now? Where can I see if it failed to sync?
Also one more question - if I add new wireless zones, do I have to do a power cycle in order for the SEM and ADC to update?

Is it synced now? Where can I see if it failed to sync? Also one more question – if I add new wireless zones, do I have to do a power cycle in order for the SEM and ADC to update?

New Zones should update as they are added. The ADC dealer side shows that the Master Code initially failed to sync. If it is changed locally it should be reported to ADC and sync up. It looks like a request user pins commands sent via ADC was successful, so that should be synced.