Switching to suretyDIY 1

Sorry for all the questions, just want to get it right…

Not a problem!

The 2GIG Transformer is the plug in transformer above the concord one.

wavy transformer above that

Yep, that one. The longer narrow white 14V transformer (the sticker on the underside will show voltage and model info.)

Then after this I should notify previous owner to cancel account so they arent still getting charged? Wouldn’t this process trigger tamper alert?

This would be up to you how to handle contract situation. Of course, notifying them that you won’t be taking over the existing service would be helpful.

Yes, a panel tamper will be generated when the panel is opened. If you set Q91 first this shouldn’t be transmitted.

Once removal and Q91 are set, how would i test the alarm as a noisemaker?

Also check whether there is a Go!Bridge, the broadband back-up device. you would want to unplug this as well. This is likely not connected if it is there, as it must be wired to a port on your router (I’m guessing this is new since you just moved in.)

Once your panel cannot communicate and you have access to the master code, you can arm and disarm and set off alarms as much as necessary for testing.

I would recommend performing a sensor test first (Security - Menu - Toolbox - Master Code - System Test.) to verify all sensors are communicating. Then you can test setting off alarms and get used to the functions.

Would this process prevent me from subscribing with surety later?

No, you would be able to follow the steps here to get started. (would need to also set Q91 back to 1)